Search results

1. Hated DIY & engineer

Bathroom sink drain size (1.5" vs. 2")

Went together well in a day's time (which is good for me since some was under the house,behind the wall,and in the attic). Thanks for the feedback!
  2. Hated DIY & engineer

Thanks guys! Sounds like UPC is ok with the 1.5 in drain in this case? I thought that is what I read.... To make sure I understand your point on the vent: go with a 90 at the top of the new vent, then run horizontal over to am inverted sanitary tee? That way I avoid the angle section? thanks...
  3. Hated DIY & engineer

Hi Terry, I've got a Master And Hall Bath that are back to back. The original has a 4way that goes to a2in drain pipe,with 1.5 in ABS vent pipe. I'm adding a second sink in the hall bath, about 16in over, on its own drop to the sewer drain. I can drop down with a1.5 in vertical to the 2in...
  4. Hated DIY & engineer

Garbage disposal plumbing. Done wrong

Thanks for the picture, Terry! Had to re-plumb due to larger diameter of new garbage disposal. I copied that image, rather than what was there. Works great,and have easy access for cleanouts down the road.
  5. Hated DIY & engineer

Best Wax or Wax-Free Toilet Seal

I bought/ tried to use the Danco waxless seal with a1.28gpf Toto Drake. Ended up ripping it up and going straight wax. And it ISN'T WAXLESS! Is just that the wax is between the closet flange and the rubber boot. It lets you adjust/ remove toilet as needed. I ended up having to remove the wax...
  6. Hated DIY & engineer

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

I've got the Esteem Vormax from Lowes. I really struggled at first with buying it, because I agree that 2 flappers is just NOT a good idea. But,someone highly recommended it to me, and they know/try all sorts as part of their job. Have to say after a few months, I REALLY like it. Looks...
  7. Hated DIY & engineer

Toto Drake - should I have to hold the flush lever?

I hear you. ...but some of us mechanical engineers actually know our limits, so come here for good advice. I've actually got a lot of experience with toilets (including peak flow rate testing and flushing Miso logs). I'm far less experienced in waste piping, and have opted a whole different...
  8. Hated DIY & engineer

I got it, thanks guys! ! I double checked and the chain was too slack. That was limiting travel of the flapper & therfore the timing of the flush portion of the cycle (and makes sense why the extra 1 to 2 seconds got it to sort of work before: keeping the flapper up for the right amount of...
  9. Hated DIY & engineer

Thanks all. It's a brand new out of the box issue. I'm not holding it down and draining the tank, just about 1 to 2 seconds to get the flush to actuate. And this is AFTER I've ensued the water spot in the bowl is correct. I'll try and post a video. Something must be out of the ordinary. ..
  10. Hated DIY & engineer

Thanks Reach. It's a brand new toilet, so given that it's a Toto, I assumed it would be set out of the box. Checked the chain slack. It is set on the hole closest to lever (so lowest mechanical advantage, but no slack either). It seems that the flapper needs to be held up just for a second to...
  11. Hated DIY & engineer

Wow, this was my go to site to inform myself, but I could do without the condescending remarks. Yes, "as an engineer" I did look close. The flush does not fully actuate unless held for at least one second. You don't get a full flush of waste which I KNOW this toilet is capable of. Also the...
  12. Hated DIY & engineer

I know this is an old thread, but I understand their problem/see the same thing. The issue is you have to hold the handle down for 1 to 2 seconds to get a proper flush activation. If you push the lever to end of travel and immediately let go, you don't get the fill 1.28gpf. Pretty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks