Search results

1. r.g.

Toilet still leaking after replacing flapper, possibly worse than before

Is the overflow tube brass? If so then it is threaded into the flush valve. Very thin walled brass. easy to wear through. Also. When you buy the flapper is there a neopreme ring attached? Do not use that and slide over the overflow. I know they tell you it works... But no way. As an aside. If it...
  2. r.g.

Toilet still "ghost flushing" after replacement

I can not believe that no one mentioned the refill tube!
  3. r.g.

Toilet still "ghost flushing" after replacement

If you are using a 'fluidmaster' ball cock valve the clip that directs the refill tube into the overflow must be used. If the refill tube is inside the overflow and terminates below the water level in the tank when full... it will siphon the water out of the tank. The ball cock will cycle over...
  4. r.g.

Mystery leak in my loo

When one sits on a toilet it is not unusual for one to lean back. When this is done on modern toilets that only have a two bolt tank to bowl attachment it can cause the tank to leak. But only when you're leaning on it. As soon as you stand, it stops. Condensation. If the water is colder...
  5. r.g.

Standpipe Maximum Height

A washing machine is a cross connection between potable water and DWV. The standpipe must have a minimum of a 1" airgap between it and the flood level of the fixture. Is it still hidden in the UPC that any fixture that has an indirect waste may not tie the vent into any other vent? Like a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks