Search results

1. PabNYC

Ok to extend bathroom circuit to power tv on adjacent wall

I am in the process of installing a wall mounted flat TV in my bedroom. On the other side of the wall where I am putting in the TV is a bathroom. I would like to take power from that outlet box (in the same bay) to power the TV. The bathroom outlet is a dedicated 20 amp GFCI receptical. I...
  2. PabNYC

Can I use 10/2 cable on a regular 12 or 20amp circuit?

I think the answer is yes but i just want to make sure. I already have a 10 gague home run that goes to my garage. Currently it is disconnected at the panel and in the garage it just runs to a box where the wires are capped. Can I just connect this to a 20 amp breaker in the panel and put...
  3. PabNYC

Code Question: MC cable touching copper water pipe in ceiling. Problem?

It is an easy fix either way but a contractor was at my house the other day and mentioned that in the ceiling the MC cable was touching the copper water lines and it was a problem. Is this: A: A problem (code violation?) and why? B: Not a problem Thanks!
  4. PabNYC

Elbow below toilet flange has other drain line coming into it

I just moved into a house and removed the toilet so I can change it. I noticed that the elbow under the flange has the lavatory sink drain line entering into it at the elbow. The PVC was made for this and everything seems to work fine but I am concerned because I have never seen or read about...
  5. PabNYC

Kohler San Raphael flapper driving me CRAZY

I have had a San Raphael one piece toilet for 6 years and it has worked fine up until recently. I concluded that the flapper was not sealing correctly so I got a new OEM kohler flapper from my local plumbing supply. I put it in, adjusted the chain several times but it does not center itself...
  6. PabNYC

Kohler Wellworth problem - low water in bowl

I installed a new Kohler wellworth toilet in my house and everything seems to be ok but the bowl only fills up a tiny amount after flushing. I have a few of these in my house and the water amount in the newly installed one is much less than the others. I read the installation manual but did...
  7. PabNYC

PVC Pipe broken in wall at "T" connector

This past weekend I was having new cabinets installed and the installer broke off the PVC pipe in the wall at the connector. He did not want to open up the wall to put in a new "T". Instead he used a roto bit and removed the broken piece out of the connection. Of course this is not a nice...
  8. PabNYC

11" rough in??? Do I get 10" toilet or is there another option

I just bought a new house and the rough in is 11". The existing 30 y.o. toilet fits perfectly but I have never heard of an 11" rough in. Should I just get a 10" toilet and deal with the space behind it or is there another option? I went to my local plumbing supply and they told me to have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks