Search results

1. Worksmarternotharder

Dont mind me.

That is PEX, not CPVC. HJ is wrong on sizing, Copper and CPVC are close in size (copper is a little bigger). PEX is smaller than both and the fittings 50% smaller. With that plastic crimp fitting, and that many of them, its probably going to kill your water pressure. 3/4 pex with those...
  2. Worksmarternotharder

CPVC and wire plasticizer

Wiring that is coated in a vinyl plastic uses plasticizer to make it soft and flexible, that plasticizer can migrate from the wiring into other vinyl materials and make it soft. On a pressure piping system, that softness comes with a reduce pressure rating and could cause a failure. If its nylon...
  3. Worksmarternotharder

CPVC expansion question .

There's an expansion loop calculator here: https://online.lubrizol.com/TempRitePipeSizing/Expansion You should be able to use an offset instead of a full loop to handle the expansion, that would only require 2-4 couplings & 2 elbows. Part of the issue in the original install might be that the...
  4. Worksmarternotharder

CPVC or PEX for re-pipe

I prefer to work with CPVC, especially in a repipe I've heard a lot of complaints about the difficulty of crimping/expanding in tight spaces. At the builder show last year in Orlando I saw some scary stuff about pex that reminded me about polybutylene too, granted it was from the cpvc guys, but...
  5. Worksmarternotharder

Simple way to connect pressure gauge to CPVC

The sch. 80 is iron pipe size won't work with the copper tube size (cts) pipe without special adaptors. Using a 1x1/2 tee with a 1/2" x 1/4" bushing as suggested above is probably the best option.
  6. Worksmarternotharder

Install traditional valve on CPVC/PVC pipe.

Compression fittings are approved for CPVC, but keep 2 things in mind: 1. Be careful not to over-torque the connection 2. When cutting into the pipe, use a wheel cutter or fine tooth saw, ratchet cutters aren't intended for use with aged plastic pipe and can damage it
  7. Worksmarternotharder

PEX, Copper, or CPVC for separate shower (w/ rainhead) and tub?

As far as sizing goes, CPVC is copper tube sized, and I believe actually has a slightly larger ID than copper. PEX has a smaller ID and the fittings constrict water flow even more. If you want to stick with 1/2" and water flow is your main concern, I'd recommend CPVC. As noted above, the...
  8. Worksmarternotharder

Laying water return line on top of framing for ceiling (CPVC or PEX)?

I would highly recommend CPVC for three reasons: 1. Without the ability to properly anchor PEX, it will flop around in the wall causing noise issues and risking hitting a nail; because CPVC is rigid, it wont move around as much 2. PEX is generally not allowed in plenum spaces because it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks