Search results

1. JustNutsandBolts

Head Scratching Toilet Flush Problem - Already replaced toilet

Thanks for the attack on a DIY public forum. Anyway, the way I see it, I paid $1000 for a $400 job ($100 in material). Stop ripping people off, I'll stop being "cheap".
  2. JustNutsandBolts

Cut the pipes, fixed the grading, put fernco in between old and new (had to) , bam it's fixed... Plumber had to take the master toilet (closest to the 90 elbow going down) out to redo the angles. $1000 cash job (neighbor's uncle) = well discounted He said normally it'd cost $1800 but would...
  3. JustNutsandBolts

Yes. I hope this post helps those with this weird problem I have been having. I'll update once it is fixed.
  4. JustNutsandBolts

The house was unoccupied for 3 years. When it was de-winterized it had leaks so a contractor (not sure if a plumber) from the bank replaced the ABS pipes. He says he did not change anything, just replaced what was bad but I don't know if I want to believe it. I also saw drywall screws in the...
  5. JustNutsandBolts

UPDATE: Ok made a hole in the ceiling. The grading is the culprit here. Some (or most) of the water (and waste) potentially roll backwards to this toilet and that is the water I see when I pull the toilet. I snaked the heck out of the line hoping it would clear but nothing. I pumped all the...
  6. JustNutsandBolts

Both toilets are on the 2nd floor. I should also mention they appear to be "back to back" ( CORRECTION, they are not plumbed back to back.. see post #16 https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/head-scratching-toilet-flush-problem-already-replaced-toilet.63650/#post-473282 ) The wall...
  7. JustNutsandBolts

It goes down as I pour. Water gets sucked out of the toilet bowl. It does this 9/10 times. After a flush with big waste, it stops flushing correctly. I've dumped at least 5x10 gallons of hot water and went on top of the roof with a hose once...no fixes yet. I still think there's a trap there...
  8. JustNutsandBolts

UPDATE: I pulled the toilet (which i hate by the way American Standard 1.28 gallon Cadet 3 = will be returning this junk) Anyway I snaked the line and cleared it, although it did not feel like a terrible clog, one or two forward motions and it was clear. Get this, there is a trap in the waste...
  9. JustNutsandBolts

Why would this be the only toilet acting this way? I have 1 more on this floor and 1 downstairs that work fine. All other drains work good as well. This toilet is probably the closest to the vent stack
  10. JustNutsandBolts

Some facts: Bought this house recently. Problem has been there since the beginning. - Toilet bowl would try to fill but empty then gurgle when it reached as low as it could go. - When flushed, water would rush into the bowl from the lower jet but would not flush down the drain. - I decided to...
  11. JustNutsandBolts

Forgot to glue the PVC fitting after primer - Can I take off & re-use it?

I would just throw it away but it is a 2'" PVC ball valve fitting so I'd like to save it if I can. I used the purple primer and put it into a pipe. I'll try getting it off tomorrow, but can I sand the fitting and reuse it ? Thanks
  12. JustNutsandBolts

Basin for Tramco 400SE Sewage Pump?

I'm going to order this pump. Has anyone on here used one? If so, what brand basin are you using? http://tramcopump.com/ResidentialDetails.cfm?ProdID=27 The spec sheet: http://www.tramcopump.com/assets/FlashPapers/400SEBrochure.swf
  13. JustNutsandBolts

Sewage Basin has Deteriorated - Replace? Can I put one above the ground?

The lines come down from the upper floor. I can just cut that line and hook up to a basin sitting on top of the floor. But I think I've decided to go with a Tramco 400SE series pump with a new basin
  14. JustNutsandBolts

Sewage Basin has Deteriorated - Replace? Can I put one above the ground?

EDIT: ALL DONE http://imgur.com/a/NlUCu THANK YOU Just bought this home 3 days ago REO property - Fixing this thing first so I can poop and shower. I took off the lid today and saw that the lip has broken off and cracked in a few places. I wanted to take it out or place a smaller basin...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks