Search results

1. Fargo

41K grains on 4lbs salt/ft3 Above or Below average?

Just to clarify I have not programmed my softener arbitrarily. I do understand the chemistry behind the brine and regeneration. In the beginning I followed the SST 60s guidelines of 27k grains and set it to regenerate at 90% of 27K grains or 24K (mathematically this left me with 1 day before...
  2. Fargo

I did change the BLFC in the programming.
  3. Fargo

So there was a slight misunderstanding in nomenclature. I thought BF stood for backflow, now I see it stands for BRINE Flow. My tank refill is set for 17 minutes. This was auto programmed by the 5800. I will check the flow on my BLFC to ensure I am getting the flow I need. Thanks again for...
  4. Fargo

This is why I was asking. Using their chart this is what I was expecting. My controller is the Fleck 5800 XTR2. Hardness is 22 gpg uncompensated. Last time I checked iron was awhile ago If BF time stands for BF time it is set at 10 mins BLFC .125 gpm The 0ppm to 1gpg criteria is something I...
  5. Fargo

I have the Hach HA-71A hardness test kit and have been testing my hardness since I installed my softener. My hardness after softening is 0ppm and I wait until 1 gpg as considered by threshold for break through. I have been routinely getting 41k grains on 4lbs salt/ft3 resin. 1.5 ft3 of SST 60...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks