Search results

1. rafjr64

Ideas on an intake for shallow well jet pump

Good idea. Only have to worry about the flow damaging it in the winter when it rains. Right now it's very, very slow and I have it angled down stream with the current. What I ended up doing for now was...removed the furnace filter and screen material I was using and placed a cinder block under...
  2. rafjr64

Good ideas. Guess this started me thinking about it harder. Maybe a square base made of pvc so it doesn't rock side to side and a piece of pvc sticking up vertically or at a 45 degree with the foot valve mounted on it. Thank you.
  3. rafjr64

Shallow well jet pump pulling from creek Outside irrigation Anyone have any ideas for an intake set-up that can 1) either float on the surface of the creek or 2) be submersed and filter out debris? Right now, I have it submersed. Foot valve is inside a 4 inch x 16 inch pvc pipe with slots cut...
  4. rafjr64

Fleck 7000 Main Board Replacement

I received the new transformer. Still stuck in UD SYNC mode. It's a brand new board. Distributor is having me call Pentair directly in the morning. Does the new board have to be calibrated to my system before it is installed? If so, I wonder if they failed to do so.
  5. rafjr64

Fleck 7000 Main Board Replacement

I wish I could be as fortunate. Mine appears to be placed properly but still will not exit sync mode. I have the supplier sending me a new transformer. Is it possible the transformer is weak and not supplying enough volts or is it more of a case that it either powers it up or not..no in between?
  6. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

LOL! Now I see said the blind man. Thanks for the great explanation. So I believe this down pipe is galvanized. Will have to get a well company out here. Just so I know, they should inspect everything while they have the well opened and the pipe pulled. Can you list what "everything" would be...
  7. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

When the pump is on, the snifter valve trickles a bit of water. When the pump is off, I unscrew the valve and there is no water. However, I do not hear it or feel it pulling vacuum. I also have this Air Volume Control valve tapped into the side of my tank. It usually releases air when filling to...
  8. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

I do have the small shrader (snifter) valve up top mounted on the check valve. I also have the air volume control valve tapped into the first tank. Are you guys telling me 1) this upper check valve is necessary and keep it. Still questioning why this is the second one to fail in 13mos. Is there...
  9. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

I could hear water running by standing near the well head. I replaced the upper check valve and discovered the plastic plunger inside was broken and missing pieces.
  10. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

I trust your assessment and will replace the check valve at the pump. Is there a particular check valve at the pump that is more durable than others? The flowmatic brass with plastic inerds seems like it could be improved upon with all steel parts. The poster above referenced an Apollo brand...
  11. rafjr64

Check valves what ones work the best?

Great to know. However, these are not safe water compliant.
  12. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

Pump is submersible 95ft down. Symtpom was exactly as you stated. Replaced check valve, problem solved but it's the third one in 13 months.
  13. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

galvanized over air tanks.
  14. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

Flowmatic brass with white plastic inside. I am thinking gravel/sand is coming up from the well and destroying the valve in the process. Well is only 95ft deep. Drilled in 1977. Wonder if the casing is bad and hence the gravel. Any thoughts on that theory?
  15. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

It's the one above ground that the pswitch is mounted to. Not valve on pump. That would be a footvalve correct?
  16. rafjr64

Keep losing check valves

This is the third check valve at my well that has failed in the past 13 months. I have owned the property for 13 months as well. Is this sediment and sand causing it to fail prematurely? If so, what filter set-up is recommended? Thanks in advance.
  17. rafjr64

Drain for Softener

The vertical pipe is open in the room...a vent. Was going to add an AAV to it.
  18. rafjr64

Drain for Softener

Is this p-trap installed correctly? If so, is a vent still needed even though there is an air gap between end of appliance line and start of drain line? See attachment. http://www.flickr.com/photos/19642395@N04/28013544572/in/dateposted-public/
  19. rafjr64

Drain for Softener

Thanks for your reply. Main reason did not tie into existing drain is lack of funds. Did not want to tear wall apart - did not have funds to pay the necessary tradesman to accomplish this. The dry well is legal in my area. Question 1: Is there enough flow from softener regen to move water thru...
  20. rafjr64

Drain for Softener

That's a clean looking job. I have a slight twist on this and would appreciate anyone's help. Converted garage to laundry room and playroom for kids. In laundry room I have one drain that handles only three things 1) softener discharge 2) heat pump water heater condensate 3) water heater...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks