Search results

1. abrogard

How To Fix Poor Water Mixing in Shower

We just moved into a new place and find the shower water adjustment is very, very poor. It is 'hair trigger' just the tiniest bit more cold water and suddenly it's totally cold. Just the tiniest big less and suddenly it is scalding hot. Adjusting the hot water doesn't seem to make any...
  2. abrogard

What Leads For A Digital Multimeter?

That's a good idea about blocking off that hole. I'll do something like that. I didn't realise this was primarily a plumbing forum - i found it googling for electricians, with my multimeter problem. So now I've got a plumbing problem, surprise, surprise.... I'll start a new thread would...
  3. abrogard

Yep, guys thanks for the input. I well understand the warning about checking the meter before use and the reminder is very good to have - my old radio shack analog meter had such puny wiring inside the leads that they just broke during the course of normal use and led me to detect no voltage...
  4. abrogard

Actually it turns out I've been too hasty once again... under the cardboard backplate of the blister pack was a kinda long bubble going across the bottom, something like you get on blister packs of screws, so's the vendors can stand 'em up on display I guess. But this wasn't for standing up...
  5. abrogard

Okay, got it. I use the bottom two holes. The bottom one is negative and the middle one is positive, to use my old analog meter terminology. The 'COM' marking threw me. I didn't think of 'common' as an answer. And I still don't really understand it, but okay, earth, neg, like that. DON'T...
  6. abrogard

I just got a digital multimeter, the first one I've ever owned or touched, for only $10, new! Great stuff. But it came without leads. And when I look at it I see not two holes marked + and - as with my old analog meter, but three, with strange markings. So I don't know what to put in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks