Search results

1. DeanK

Back to back toilets; differential height between the two rooms

I thought I would bump this now that I am back on the project. I have a straight forward question--- Did they originally vent the toilet because the bidet used to sit between it and the rest of the drain (and main vent)? Without the bidet there, do I need to keep the separate vent for the...
  2. DeanK

No response, so I will muse a little. What if I made the existing vent more like a main stack? Cut the main waste about where it disappears from view; connect new ABS with Fernco. Connect a new vertical to the main waste with a wye--about where the cleanout is in the line now. (I could...
  3. DeanK

Just to finish the sequence. A couple of comments: -picture 6 is the end of the main soil/waste where the shower and sink from the master bath connect. Sink has its own vent in outside wall. -picture 7 shows the vent for the toilet hookup, and picture 8 shows the toilet vent hitting the main...
  4. DeanK

So to provide more information, I've posted a series of pictures starting with the leak at the bottom of the stack vent. Because of the height difference, the soil line makes a 90 degree turn horizontally (this is where the damaged vent is); then comes back over top of the main soil and waste...
  5. DeanK

First post for a complicated problem. I have a '60s house with copper waste lines. The master en-suite was originally was plumbed with toilet and bidet against the wall. Complicating matters--the master en suite actually extends into the next section of the house (which is two steps down) so it...