Search results

1. Tyler23

Faulty Thermostat lead to high bills?

Hi all. Because I didn't want to be "that guy" who starts a thread and then disappears (not like you're all waiting around for this, but....) thought I'd let you know what ended up being the issue. I had the power company come out and I worked with the tech by shutting off certain high-use...
  2. Tyler23

Yeah, I know Dana...I was just getting frustrated that he was being flaky. He came today and swapped it out. There are no water leaks at all. He also checked the breakers, listening for noises and feeling for anything hot. He was stumped as well. So I guess the only thing left to do is...
  3. Tyler23

Thanks Dana and others. This tech Rheem is supposed to be sending out is turning out to be flaky. Regarding the meter, it was by happenstance that the PUD sent out a tech the day I received the higher bill to do an audit to make sure the meter matched what is relayed wirelessly to the truck...
  4. Tyler23

Thanks Dana. Nothing apparent with our heat pump (rooms/zones not doing what thermostat calls for). I just checked the board and the heat strips are not on. Everything there looks ok. That's what's confusing about this. The higher bills coincides exactly with the new water heater, but...
  5. Tyler23

Thanks Jim. We are on a well, so no meter to look at. There are no leaks that I can see around the WH itself and there is a slab but no water lines go through it. The reason that I think it's the water heater itself that is the issue, is because the increased electrical usage started right...
  6. Tyler23

Yes, I used 2010 Kwh for the month of April in 2014; in 2015 I used 3390. I used dollars because our rates haven't changed in three years. I estimate my own usage by taking readings throughout the month and plugging it into my Excel worksheet (though I've gotten out of the habit until now)...
  7. Tyler23

Hi - I recently replaced a 30 year old, 80 gallon electric water heater with a new Rheem 65 gallon. I replaced it on the same day as my meter is read in April and seemed to be working fine, until I got my next bill and it was $100 higher than my one from the year prior (mild winter for us, no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks