Search results

1. Plumber01

Anyone have experience with drains for a steam oven?

I install combi ovens in commercial kitchens and restaurants all the time. I had no idea they make a residential model. This wont be much help but in a commercial setting the drains are plumbed indirect to a floor sink. The water connection is 3/4" hose thread, run through a filter and backflow...
  2. Plumber01

Santee on a side

Is this 3" pipe a vent or a drain from above? I have a feeling it's a drain from the description. If it is, it can't be used as a vent for the sink.
  3. Plumber01

Do I need an air vent for this configuration

No, don't do it like that. Do it like your first drawing shows. Vent between the ptrap and the vertical drain.
  4. Plumber01

Connect kitchen drain to 2nd floor main drain

Well, for starters, black iron isn't rated for direct burial unless its coated, which IMO isn't good enough. Usually see CSST or poly gas pipe underground. TracPipe makes a pre-sleeved gas pipe( see below about sleeving). Second, gas pipe under slab in a building needs to be sleeved in a...
  5. Plumber01

Connect kitchen drain to 2nd floor main drain

Is that a black iron gas pipe under ground I see? Yikes!
  6. Plumber01

Pack joint fittings and ID vs OD IPS poly pipe sizes

If the connection is inside the house they want pack joint fittings, not barbed. I have heard of them calling that out. I do not have a code reference for that though.
  7. Plumber01

Moving a washer drain and adding a utility sink.

2" drain, 1-1/2" trap arm is required for a laundry/utility sink under the UPC. Verify your trap arm lengths as Wayne suggested.
  8. Plumber01

Drain and Venting Plan Advice - 1/2 Bath & Laundry

In my area, it's ok to use the house venting to count as long as the main line from the garage ties into the main line from the house. Cross sectional area must still be met though which isn't usually a problem. Best to check your local codes though.
  9. Plumber01

Drain for Plumbed Washer Drip Pan

Yeah. I didn't think that through enough with the drain being at floor level. That would work but at that point you might as well install a floor drain which is nice to have in a laundry room anyway. Yes both would need to be properly vented and the funnel or floor drain would need trap seal...
  10. Plumber01

Drain for Plumbed Washer Drip Pan

No. The drain line should be piped to a drain with an airgap. I usually do something like a 2" trap with a 6x2 fitting reducer used as as funnel. Drip pan drain would terminate 1" above the funnel creating an airgap. Funnel would need a trap primer to keep the trap full.
  11. Plumber01

Help with tub rough-ins (w/ pics!)

Close but no cigar. You've gotten bad information from your supplier and now from the manufacturer. The correct answers have been said multiple times in this thread. That pressure balancing valve does not provide scald protection. How are you going to access it for service? If I remember...
  12. Plumber01

Dirt Down Drain on Septic System

Zurn makes an in-floor solids separator. I just installed one in a pottery studio for a wash sink and floor drain. https://www.zurn.com/products/grease-oil-sediment-separation/sediments-solids-interceptor/z1181
  13. Plumber01

He's trying to match his sink faucet which I'm guessing is wall mount. Exactly. This is what I said many posts ago. Install an ASSE 1070 certified mixing valve in a remote but accessible location and be done with it.
  14. Plumber01

Ok, wow, I finally see what you were trying to accomplish! There is a way to plumb it how you want but you would have to start over. First you would need a thermostatic mixing valve ASSE 1070 certified. It could be located in a remote but accessible location. You would then send safe warm...
  15. Plumber01

Yeah. You need a mixer. Thermostatic or pressure balanced. You can't just feed hot and cold to a diverter valve. I'm surprised you're source didn't explain that while selling you those products.
  16. Plumber01

I'm pretty sure I'm looking at 1 diverter valve and 2 volume control valves. Did you pick these items out by yourself or did "Bender Plumbing" assist? Where is you're thermostatic mixing valve at? We'll start there....
  17. Plumber01

Basement waste pump draining issue

It would help if OP could take pictures of the current install and provide specs on the pump.
  18. Plumber01

Through the roof. You're right. I suspect many problems. This is for UPC, IPC may differ. OP said the pump receives discharge from a toilet. Code requires a 20gpm pump minimum. Fixture units for a 20gpm pump total 40. So I would start with tying into a 4" line with a wye installed vertical...
  19. Plumber01

UPC 710.10 "The top shall be provided with a vent pipe that shall extend separately through the roof or, when permitted, may be combined with other vent pipes." In my experience, inspectors have always required the vent to be ran separately. I'm sure it varies on town, county, state and...
  20. Plumber01

How to tie in a back-to-back sink to an existing horizontal drain line?

The language is right there in 905.1. Connected to drip back by gravity to the drainage pipe it serves. UPC, IPC, ABC, whatever. Every plumbing apprentice is taught to install them upside down. It is taught in apprenticeship classes, its drawn that way in the illustrated training manual, its...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks