Search results

1. Faderus

Navien Error while in lockdown (of course)

I have a Navien NCB-240E that has been in place and working flawlessly for about 3 years. Now that I am under lockdown (NY State) it has thrown an E35 error code twice in 2 days. This error code E035 corresponds to a gas pressure flow sensor according to this site...
  2. Faderus

P trap with union dripping

Thanks for the reply. They were tightened when it was glued up but it’s possible the male end is shifted slightly as it goes to a fernco fitting. I will take it apart and reseat the union. What is the correct torque for this style of fitting? If that doesn’t work I may have room to cut and...
  3. Faderus

P trap with union dripping

Hi again, and thanks in advance. I have replaced my tub and associated plumbing. I used schedule 40 drain lines and plumbing and used a trap with a union fitting, similar to this...
  4. Faderus

Drain question

No, this is taken from the semi finished storage/laundry area that is going to be turned into a bathroom. This house has had a lot of creative fixes in the last 50+ years. I can take a wider picture tomorrow.
  5. Faderus

Drain question

Hi, I have a 1960 raised ranch with a wet wall between the garage and basement. The existing wall is insulated with open cell spray foam. I plan to add a bath to the basement with shower, and am doin some cleanup in the process. The picture shows where the washer drain ties into the drain...
  6. Faderus

Big Box fittings and Uponor tubing...poor planning

Thanks again for the help, I was able to cobble together a temporary solution and replaced it earlier today.
  7. Faderus

Thanks. So the Apollo fittings are compatible? Haven’t seen them at big box stores but it gives me a second brand to try to locate locally. Worst case I can rig something up, just trying to wrap it up this weekend.
  8. Faderus

Hi, I'm working on a project and the plumbing supply store closed for the weekend at noon. Do any of the big box stores carry fittings that work with Uponor tubing and the expander tool? I am a couple fittings short, and I'd like to shower this weekend.
  9. Faderus

Direct to stud surround and tub install

Thanks. I was thinking the ply would create something of an enhanced vapor barrier acting to keep any steam from condensing in the wall. As I type it though, the hot side would be inside the shower not the wall. Basically cheap insurance, but I hadn't thought of the drying out warpage. I...
  10. Faderus

Direct to stud surround and tub install

Hi, I am installing a Sterling Ensemble tub and surround into a 1960 construction raised ranch with the long side of the tub on an exterior wall (in upstate NY) . I have 2 questions... The existing rough in is pretty big. Would it be improper to sheathe the studs with a water resistant ply to...
  11. Faderus

Navien water feed size

Hi all, I am starting a plumbing cleanup/pex replacement in my 1960 raised ranch which was triggered by a hole in my tile tub surround. I ordered an Uponor expansion tool, and and was trying to decide what sizes/lengths of pex and fittings I would need. A couple of years ago I had a natural...
  12. Faderus

Replacing everything with Navien combi unit

Window size is a little above average (not much), and the upstairs is cantilevered on the southern exposure. The half that is over the garage (the bedrooms) has been filled with foam. Basement is not a walk-out. How does a ducted mini split differ from a regular heat pump?
  13. Faderus

Hi Dana, thanks for the help. I'll verify the length of baseboard, but it is a cookie cutter raised ranch, 2 zones (main floor and basement), roughly 1200 square main floor and 600 basement. I do have a heating history, and will do the math on that. The concept of relying on a heat pump...
  14. Faderus

Hi all, thanks in advance for the input. I live in Poughkeepsie, NY and am looking for some input. I have a 1960 Split Level 1800 square ft house which is getting a complete HVAC system replacement. We have spray foamed the roof deck and the envelope around the garage (6-8" open cell foam)...
  15. Faderus

Feedback on boiler and water heater replacement

Ok, thanks. Do you have a recommendation for an appropriate combination of pieces, or a recommendation as to what to avoid? Either way helps to narrow down my options a bit.
  16. Faderus

Ok, thanks. You are basically mirroring the doubts I had in their recommendations. Based on the info provided what would be your recommendation for a wall hung (space is a consideration) that would also provide hot water sufficient for a family, specifically 2 showers simultaneously and/or a...
  17. Faderus

how would using a different brand of condensing boiler help with the issue mentioned above? Did I miss something in the link you provided?
  18. Faderus

Are you saying there will not be enough heat given off by the existing, slant fin baseboards at the temps required to make the Navien run in condensing mode? If so, that was one of my concerns. If I were to leave the top floor as a single zone would it help that issue at all? When you refer...
  19. Faderus

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help. I have a 1960 split level house in Poughkeepsie, NY (12601). The insulation is original in the exterior walls but I had the roof deck and garage ceiling and common wall Spray foamed (open cell, 8" on roof deck with joists encapsulated 1-2", 6" on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks