Search results

1. Mikelisa0212

New to lawn sprinkers. Existing system put new pump in, no water

Wanted to give an update. The ball valve was bad. I replaced it and am not getting prime. Since then, found a few broken sprinkler heads and a few broken pipes/connections. Been fixing them and it is working. THANKS to everyone on this forum for your help.
  2. Mikelisa0212

Ok, I started thinking the intake pipe may not have water in it? What I thought was the valve to the intake pipes of the sprinkler was not. Now, is there normally a turn on valve for the line that goes into the sprinkler? I can't seem to find one around outside of the house, if there is. I have...
  3. Mikelisa0212

One more question. Is a foot valve the same as a check valve? I am thinking my check valve maybe not working and replacing it. (Google is a wonderful tool. LOL)
  4. Mikelisa0212

Thanks!!!!! I will look up how to correct these. Hopefully I didn't waste money on a new pump.
  5. Mikelisa0212

Ok, I left the water on and it immediately came out. I let it run like that for a few minutes and then closed the discharge spicket for a while, while still pumping water through. After a few minutes of that, I opened the discharge spicket and the same amount of water came out. I turned off the...
  6. Mikelisa0212

Thanks. It does do that, spits out the water as it is flowing in. Now, do I keep running it that way until it starts flowing out without interruption? Or do I close the discharge and run it? Pump manual says water should come up within 10 minutes. Wondering how many times I should try this.
  7. Mikelisa0212

Title somes it up. I bought this house and the sprinkler system has not been used in years. The pump was seized. I replaced it with the exact same pump. (Flotec 1.5 hp). Prime pump, turn it on and nothing. I have a hose on a spicket for direct priming. I tried filling it up and then running it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks