Search results

1. rebarman

trying to convert Moen bathroom sink M18 aerator to a swivel aerator

I'm trying to convert a Moen bathroom sink M18 aerator to a swivel aerator. The closest that I have come is an adapter that is male-male, one side M18 (screw into faucet) and the other side is male 55/64. The swivel adapters that I'm seeing are M22 (female). It seems like 55/64 and M22 are the...
  2. rebarman

Terry Love- cancer update

I always think of the Terry Love forum when I'm looking for plumbing help. It's quite a nice forum that Terry has. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad the forum will live on as a testament to Terry!
  3. rebarman

Comparing two different vanity sinks

I'm looking for 5 matching ceramic drop-in single-hole-faucet sinks. I found one at HD Allier 24 in. Drop-In Ceramic Bathroom Sink in White with Integrated Bowl by Fresca, for $159 and a different brand at build.com that looks identical, Swiss Madison, for $94 Does anyone have suggestions as...
  4. rebarman

Moentrol 3520 "hot water"/"cold water" mixing problem

I found this thread that I think answers my question with a lot of tips and pictures, and points out that the pressure balancing spools can stick in a shower that doesn't get regular use. Exactly my situation, except mine doesn't stick completely! And it eventually works once it's lubricated by...
  5. rebarman

Moentrol 3520 "hot water"/"cold water" mixing problem

I searched quite a bit in the forum and even though I see a lot of moentrol questions, I don't see the issue that I seem to be having. Sorry in advance if this is a repeat! I have the moentrol 3520 mixing valve. It was installed years ago but almost never used, but now it's in regular use and...
  6. rebarman

Setting up an alarm system to detect clogs/overflows

hi Terry - I was just going to post a follow-up, and I see you mentioned a "dry vent". There is already a vent associated with toilet/sink/shower in that area that goes through the roof. I'm not sure if that's what you meant. I don't think that's much help clog-wise since this is the lower level...
  7. rebarman

Setting up an alarm system to detect clogs/overflows

hi - I had a major overflow, and don't want to ever repeat it. (I think I could have prevented it, but that's besides the point.) If there is a clog in the mainline and the shower is running upstairs, it will start to fill the shower pan on the ground level. If the toilet is up to the top...
  8. rebarman

Hydrostar electric snake

yes, I did see that and I thought it might b worth a shot - I forgot about it. thx for the reminder!
  9. rebarman

Hydrostar electric snake

thx for your reply hj - I suspect that the line may be ok, just that someone is putting something down that shouldn't go down the drain. I don't think it's roots or grease. When I had it snaked the first time, we did a video on the line all the way to the city and it looked great. So I think...
  10. rebarman

Hydrostar electric snake

I'm a diy and I have to deal with occasional light clogs in the main line. I know they're light because you can get through them without even putting a tip on the snake. I think it's paper towel, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I don't want to hire anyone (again) for this simple job, so I got the...
  11. rebarman

Clog in the main drain line

The line doesn't clog right at the tail. It's really the complete line and looks like a blocked artery all of the way! We always run cold water and we really don't put much down the sink for that reason. Less and less through the years to avoid the problem. I'm not sure what a "wide sweep...
  12. rebarman

Clog in the main drain line

My kitchen sink drains into the main line in the crawl space. We don't put grease down it and hardly use the disposal, but about once a year, that line clogs. It was originally cast iron, but I replaced it with plastic. I go down there and pull it off and run my snake through it. Looks like...
  13. rebarman

Weekly Unexplained Clogs

Just wondering if you were able to solve this. I have the same problem, remarkably similar. Never had a backup in 12 years until now. Unclogged via the main 4" cleanout, easily. Ran the camera down there to see how things looked, all the way to the city, and looked great. 3 days later, exact...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks