1. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

excellent description. Thanks
  2. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

Solid pipe it is. Thanks again
  3. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

I may have misunderstood about the shroud. Do you mean make the shroud out of a 5' length of 4" PVC slotted well screen, cap on the bottom, well seal on the top, to filter out any rust from getting in the pump? When I searched for shroud, I came up with what looked like 4" solid pipe open at...
  4. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

OK, I'll go with a shroud. Thank you for sharing your experience. What is the usual life span of a steel casing in the absence of big flakes of rust inside? Could I see another 30 years of service life?
  5. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

I can try, but I waited 5 weeks for the only company who will work on this deep well to come out and their men are the ones who came out 2 days ago and said casing is fine because of the way the part above the water line looks. We are getting into freeze season and I have the water lines dug up...
  6. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

The inside of the steel casing above the water line looks pretty good, no flakes coming off or anything. Some one from a well company came out and told me the well casing would be rusted worse above the water line than below and that my well casing must be fine. Does that fit with your...
  7. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

My real pressing question at this point is whether I should just replace the pump or try to re case just the 71 feet of steel well casing first. I can't really properly sanitize (bleach) the well and casing until I get a pump set back in. I think trying to re case the well the full 400 feet...
  8. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

We don't have rust-red stains. We have mild green staining of fixtures, I assume from slightly acidic water. I have replaced 80% of the in house copper plumbing with pex to try to eliminate the green staining. What plugs the filter and what plugged the pressure switch appears to be rust...
  9. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

The pump is hanging on 1" poly pipe. The nipple and pressure switch have plugged up twice in the last two months. The filter in the line under the house plugs up every month or two and causes pressure in house to drop. All of the underground pipe to the house is 1" poly. We have no brown...
  10. Jack Hammett

Lining steel well casing

We have a 420 foot deep well, cased to 71 feet with 6" steel casing drilled in 1980. Pump is set at 400 feet on 1" black poly pipe. The casing above the water level looks pretty much OK, but we are getting rust particles in our water filter. It has plugged the 1/4" nipple to the pressure switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks