Search results

1. Nobody

Toilet DWV set-up

Ive attached a picture of my new master bath toilet DWV set-up.....I think its fairly straight forward but its my first time doing DWV so it might be all screwed up for all I know....the toilet has its own dedicated 2 " vent to the attic which goes horizontal about 3 feet in the attic then up...
  2. Nobody

Floor joist insulation in crawl space

Wow....Thanks...... lots to think and learn about. There wasn't any insulation in the floor or crawl when we bought the place last April. We have a gas forced air furnace with an insulated large round (14-16 inches diameter ) metal duct running down the center of the crawl. All the offshoot...
  3. Nobody

Thanks for the advice and ideas Im in zip code 98077 Insulating the foundation walls/ closing vents would be less work and expense. All of the plumbing and heat ducting is down there too. Do you have to "heat" and run a dehumidifier in the crawlspace if you call it "conditioned". Will the...
  4. Nobody

I am looking for a good way to insulate the floor of one section of my house (35ft x 25ft) that is above a dirt floor vented crawl space. Most of the vents are right below the bottoms of the floor joists. This section of the house was built in 1967 and has a 4 2x12 girder that runs down the...
  5. Nobody

What insulation for 2x4 exterior walls

Dana......Your information is amazing and very helpful ......your perspective on "is it worth it" helped me a lot. Thanks.
  6. Nobody

Thank you Dana for all the excellent information......it will take me a while to absorb it all. Another question: each of my bedroom exterior walls are about 12ft wide by 7ft 8" tall......both walls have a window about 6 ft wide and 3 1/2 feet tall with U factors of 0.33. Since the windows...
  7. Nobody

I am remodeling a section of my house and am looking for some advice on what type of insulation would be the best bang for my buck to insulate the 2x4 walls. The house is in Seattle, WA was built in 1967 and has cedar bevel siding over 15 lb tar paper and 5/8 plywood sheathing and 2x4 stud...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks