Search results

1. Terry 3

Paint thinner smell while flushing water heater???

i was but went and bought a proper hose this morning ....we'll see if that solve the problem
  2. Terry 3

thanks for the reply Reach4 yeah i made the mistake of not catching some of the water as i was flushing it...i watched the water initially and didn't see anything but i know there's a good chance i won't see it at that point. I installed the water heater about 3 years ago and have always...
  3. Terry 3

the reason i mentioned gas in my original post was to alert everyone that i had already ruled out natural gas. I'm familiar with what natural gas smells like. As i mentioned above nothing else in the room was touched before i started the water heater flush and there are no other stored...
  4. Terry 3

Hi DonL, No...not storing any paint thinner or paint in the house. I'm reading elsewhere something about incomplete combustion and water dripping onto the water heater burners causing a gas/paint thinner smell Does that sound possible?? that's the closest thing I have to go on right now...
  5. Terry 3

the entire room smells strongly like paint thinner and it's carried into adjacent rooms in the house it started when i began to flush the water heater....didn't touch anything else in the room before the smell started not sure how i'm "overreacting" to the fact that the smell is there, caused...
  6. Terry 3

i was flushing the water heater and am noticing the smell of paint thinner. what causes that? it doesn't smell like gas, no rotten eggs, but i have turned off the gas to the water heater just in case was not smelling anything coming from the hot or cold water out of the faucet either.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks