Search results

1. GA_

Tub Drain Type & Brand advice sought

Thank you. I looked up Watco. All of this work is being done from the tub - the plumbing under the tub and behind the wall is not easily accessible without cutting out gyp board which I prefer not to get into. So I only want to replace the parts that are replaced from the tub - the parts...
  2. GA_

He just wants me to get the drain type and finish I want and have it ready for him. Seems reasonable enough. I don't think these parts are PVC. They tie into (screw into?) the pvc drain pipe under the tub. I have never seen one under a tub that is not PVC except in an old house where they are...
  3. GA_

Thanks. Unfortunately, that is easier said than done in this environment. In my part of the country plumbers are booked months out. This guy comes highly recommended. He is a two person operation, and indicated ordering specialty parts such as toe touch drains takes too much time, so he...
  4. GA_

I'm going to replace three current twist type tub drains with toe tapper type drains. I'd welcome some advice. 1. The flanges ( or shoe - the metal part that seals or screws to the PVC drain and stays in the bottom of the tub) have become pitted and corroded. This started after only a few...
  5. GA_

Sink stopper for ramp style sink?

Thank you! I searched all over for info on how the drain attaches and could not find it. Thank you for finding it. Do all the similar style commercial acrylic (ie not custom made concrete) ramp sinks come with a threaded adapter for the drain? Since I posted I saw a post on another board...
  6. GA_

Sink stopper for ramp style sink?

Does anyone know of a way to have a sink stopper work with a ramp style sink? By ramp style sink, I mean something like at the link below with a linear slot drain, instead of a round drain...
  7. GA_

How to properly install this hose bib?

Thanks so much to all of you, I successfully fixed this! Some info: A 3/16" Tapcon bit fits in the existing holes. A 1/4" bit did not. Used 2.5" screws and drive them straight - hopefully enough to get a good grip, but short enough to avoid the PEX pipe even if it bends on the other side of...
  8. GA_

Agree with the above for a spec build. However, this was a custom build, with a cost plus contract. It never once occurred to me they would build it cheaper than the typical in the area for the spec build houses. It was just a bad situation all the way around - the builder only focused on...
  9. GA_

Thank you all. Very grateful for the help. Will post updates on how it goes. Hopefully the stainless tapcons I have are 1/4 as my local HD/Lowe's don't sell the stainless ones so I would have to special order. Suggestion from a non-plumbing professional: Ask the homeowner what type of hose...
  10. GA_

Thank you both for your advice. Can anyone tell from looking at this if the handle is square or round stem? I'd like to have the replacement handles in hand when I do this. I have tried to knock the mortar off and became concerned I would damage something, so I will try to remove the...
  11. GA_

They left my exterior hose bibs in new construction unfastened and with mortar all over the handle. For various reasons I am NOT going to call the original contractor. 1. What is the best way to get the mortar off the handles without damaging the thing or causing a water leak? Should I try to...
  12. GA_

Sayco Shower Diverter Problem/Question

I just kept drilling it with a titanium bit. I did not have too much trouble and it did not wear out the bit, so I would be concerned you are drilling something else - drill the reddish ring in photo. I was scared to drill through the mixing valve housing and was very scared the drill would...
  13. GA_

Jeff- thanks so much for the reply. How deep did you drill it? All the way through that bushing, or just the front part of it? I'm thinking the bushing is crimped in the middle where it has the slots, which is what is preventing it from coming out so do you need to drill through the crimp? Do...
  14. GA_

PLEASE provide additional information on how you drilled it out!! PLEASE I have the exact same problem - Sayco diverter stem will not come out and it looks just like the above photos with the "reddish" piece inside. I can spin the red piece around, but it and the rest of the stem wont come...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks