Search results

1. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Toto Drake Advice Needed

Hoping you smart and helpful guys can point me in the right direction. Toilet in question is a Toto Drake C743E, E-Max 1.28 GPF. Installed 4/17 as part of first floor renovation, so less than 2 years. Have the same model in the upstairs bath for 5 years with no problems. Downstairs toilet isn't...
  2. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Icera toilets - any updated experience to share?

In the midst of a big renovation project. Had picked out a Toto toilet, but when at the plumbing supply place, the sales guy also pointed out Icera. Appears to be good quality, good specs, the look I want, and the price point is better than Toto. It's been almost a year since any discussion...
  3. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Need Hand Held Shower Head in a hurry

I'm scheduled to have shoulder surgery in two weeks. A friend who has been through this suggested installing a hand held shower head, which seem like a good idea. Which brands/models are better and which are to be avoided? Would prefer an easy installation type that could be installed by...
  4. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Drake Transitional HET vs other Drakes?

Thanks for the info. I'm learning more about toilets than I ever imagined existed to learn. :)
  5. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Drake Transitional HET vs other Drakes?

Based on everyone's great advice on my Am Std toilet question, I went shopping for a new Toto. Saw a "Eco Drake Transitional HET" with 1.28 gpf. It appears from a Toto press release this model was introduced in Feb. Any experience with this particular model vs other Drakes? I like the look of...
  6. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Advice about an American Std Savona one piece toilet

I don't recall the model name. There's a number embossed into the underside of the lid - 2095/97, I think. Hard to read. Wasn't really concerned about further reducing water use as much as avoiding the clogging problem. I suspected there wasn't a fix other than to replace it. Thanks for...
  7. Chicago Bungalow Betsy

Advice about an American Std Savona one piece toilet

I hope I can get some good advice from this informative forum. I have an American Standard one-piece 1.6 gpf toilet in my upstairs bathroom from a bathroom remodel about 15 years ago. Love the look of the toilet, but performance has always been a problem. (All serious bathroom business is best...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks