Search results

1. phughes200

Water heater sizing help

@Dana Thanks for the info. I was able to install a 55 gallon tank with a storage capacity of 55 gallons. Based on the calculator, if I assume that I can get 47 gallons (.75x55) of output at 140 and use 60 degrees for cold, I should have about 83 gallons of 105 degree water.
  2. phughes200

Water heater sizing help

Those are the figures from the data sheet. My best guess is 57 gallons is needed to run the jets and 95 gallon is either the point where the tub would overflow or the point where the water level reaches the overflow. I am also assuming the measurements are without a person in the tub.
  3. phughes200

Water heater sizing help

Okay, a ltot to digess. I does not help that 50 gallon tanks are actuall 46 gallons and the max temperature appers to be 150. Based on th posts, a 50 gallon sounds marginal. However does anybody have experiece with a Rheem RTEX-AB. It is basically a inline heater thst you attach to your heater...
  4. phughes200

Water heater sizing help

Thanks for the replies. FYI: My inlet temperature is 63F (well water, pump at 200ft, well is 400 feet deep, located in NC, all pipes are 3/4") @Reach4 , what size would you recommend? @Terry , I had that thought too. Any negative running at 140 degrees. I was considering the Cash Acme Water...
  5. phughes200

Water heater sizing help

I need to replace my water heater and an trying to decide what size I need. Three bath house with two people, no children. Rarely run more than one thing at a time. But, we have a jetted tub. The tub holds a minimum of 57 gallons and a maximum 95 gallons according to the spec sheet. I assume...
  6. phughes200

Acid Neutralizer Questions

Looks like I am okay. The total hardness is 43 mg/l, ph is 8.1 and total alkalinity of 54 mg/L. Totally different than my neighbors. My well ended up being deeper than theirs.
  7. phughes200

Bonding a new water supply line

jwelectric, Sorry, I was not trying to annoy you. I was trying to figure out what my options if any were for the motor. The code you referenced in your last post clearly states that I have only one option. I was only trying to understand the reasoning behind the answer so I can learn. Thanks...
  8. phughes200

Well casing bonding

I had a 405' a 6" well drilled last week set 25' from the house. The casing is unscreened steel and is 64' set 10' into rock. The pump is 3/4 set at 240'. The electrical supply is 12/2. The water supply is PEX. Does the well casing have to be bonded to the equipment ground?
  9. phughes200

Bonding question for new water supply line

Sorry about not being clear. Sometimes too much detail gets me in trouble. A simpler question would have been: I have a copper plumbing system that has a PEX supply to the shutoff valve in the crawlspace. Can I bond the copper pipes with a #4 jumper to the original buried (1 foot deep) copper...
  10. phughes200

Thank you. So the only issue with the motor is code and not current draw. There is a slight possibility that I could tie into another circuit for the motor. Currently that circuit appears only to have a kitchen light (13w cfl) on it. Otherwise, I am dealing with a maxed out panel. The other...
  11. phughes200

Could you explain your reasoning? I am not doubting you but I would like to understand the issues/risks. The manufacturer installation instructions call for a dedicated 15A, 125V circuit for the heater. Why do you feel I could lose my home (I assume you mean from fire)? What am I missing...
  12. phughes200

Thanks. One other quick question. I have a bathroom that has a 20A circuit which feeds the lights (3A max) and the GFI outlet. Can I and a second outlet to plug my Jacuzzi into? The Jacuzzi has a 3/4 hp motor that draws 6-7 amps. I understand that a hair dryer or curling iron could not be...
  13. phughes200

I assumed/hoped that you were just posting a playful jab. I appreciate the time and effort that the professionals take to answer questions. The cross posting comment actually meant that I usually try not post the same question in multiple spots on the same board. I started here since I...
  14. phughes200

Thanks. So I can I jumper with the #4 or do I need to run the #4 back to the grounding bar in the 200A panel? I only ask because the bond from the panel to the old supply pipe and then the ground rod is a #6 solid copper. Also does the Sharkbite/Gatorbite Connector (in another part of the...
  15. phughes200

I appreciate your response. I have to admit that you do sound a little like my wife. lol I agree with your post. Although I am more than willing to ask for and usually take advice. Part of being an engineer is having a strong desire to understand how things work and a strong desire to see...
  16. phughes200

When my new well was drilled, the new PEX water supply line enters the crawlspace at the other end of the house than the old copper supply. This line was connected to the existing plumbing by installing a “T†in the existing supply line about 10' from where the old supply line entered the...
  17. phughes200

I will cross post to the electrical board. I usually try to never do that.
  18. phughes200

Not sure where to post this. When my new well was drilled, the new PEX water supply line enters the crawlspace at the other end of the house than the old copper supply. This line was connected to the existing plumbing by installing a “T” in the existing supply line about 10' from where the...
  19. phughes200

Acid Neutralizer Questions

Thanks for clearing up the terms. Once, I get the test results, I will return for treatment suggestions.
  20. phughes200

Acid Neutralizer drain/vent help needed

Jim Thank you for the clarification. People have mentioned the sediment issue in other posts. I thought they meant sediment coming from the well. Smooky I agree sometimes it is better not to ask. I talked to someone at the heath department who handles wells, spetic fields and waste...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks