Search results

1. homeowner

SYMMONS Temptrol: Hot water turns cold

SYMMONS Temptrol shower faucet. At mid-setting, the water temperature is warm at first - then turns lukewarm and then cool - all in about 60-90 seconds. I replaced the Spindle (TA-10). No joy. When I have the cold water supply off and leave the hot water supply on, and the faucet is about...
  2. homeowner

I NEED A COURSE IN AQUASTATs 101

:confused: I have a Burnham oil fired burner for baseboard heat and domestic hot water. There's a Honeywell aquastat attached that has 3 settings: HI, LO, and DIFF. The owner's manual that describes how the aquastat worls reads like a primer on nuclear physics. I have no idea what they're...
  3. homeowner

Sweating Welltrol Tank

My Welltrol pressure tank sweats in high humidity throughout the summer. Is there anything I can purchase to insulate the tank to keep it dry or keep the condensation from dripping onto the floor? This Welltrol tank is in the corner of my laundry room and it's practically up against the...
  4. homeowner

Constant Dripping From Shower Valve

I have a Symmons Temptrol Single Handle shower valve. It drips constantly after it's turned off - unless I torque that sucker over HARD when I turn it off. Sooner or later, I'm going to turn it so hard, something's going to snap. I found a Symmons web site with an exploded diagram of the...
  5. homeowner

Increase well water supply?

I have a well that's 265' deep. The pump is 240 feet deep. The specs on the side of the AmTrol pressure tank says G.P.M. = 4. I believe that's the recovery rate of the well. I know from past experience that if I run a standard water sprinkler in the front yard, I can run it for about 30...
  6. homeowner

Funky Smell in "Freshly Washed" clothes

The 20-year old washer died on us. The new one I bought is one of the new Kenmore HE4T front-loader High Capacity HE washers. Really great washer. Sounds like the booster engine on a cruise missile when it starts to wind up for its spin cycle. I think the old washer used as much as 42...
  7. homeowner

Increase well water supply?

Increase well water supply? (Moved to Wells Forum) Moved to Wells forum
  8. homeowner

Chromed Pipe ?

SOLVED: Chromed Pipe ? Very new to home plumbing. I had a leaking shutoff valve under my toilet. I simply wanted to replace the shutoff with a new valve - have never sweated in pipes so I just bought a 5/8" - 3/8" shutoff valve with compression fittings. I cut the supply pipe just below...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks