Search results

1. Voyager1947

Pressure tank or ?

Well, I charged it to 28 psi about a week ago, of course the valve feeding the house was not cut off. Today when I checked it, I closed the house valve so all the water in the pipes would not drain out when I drained the tank. After draining the tank and the pump turned off, the psi was at 20...
  2. Voyager1947

Pressure tank or ?

If I read you correctly, it sounds to me like I have both problems, a bad tank and a drop in pressure caused by the check valve or some other weirdness.
  3. Voyager1947

Pressure tank or ?

My grammar may have been misleading, I meant that there is not a check valve in the basement, not that the pump is in the basement. The pump is submersible down in the well.
  4. Voyager1947

Pressure tank or ?

I have a problem with my pressure gauge slowly losing pressure with the cutoff valve to the house being closed. I read in another post that it must be the tank itself or the check valve in the well pump The tank is one of those Home Depot models with a 30-50 control switch (or whatever it's...
  5. Voyager1947

Boiler inlet water question

Thanks Gents
  6. Voyager1947

Boiler inlet water question

Will a hot water boiler be affected if the well pump is turned off for a week or so. In other words, I want to turn off the electricity to the well pump, therefore no water to the house, but I want to leave the boiler running for a week or so while I'm out of town. In an enclosed hot water...
  7. Voyager1947

Boiler oil pump question

My daughter has a very old Stewart-Warner boiler that suddenly quit firing. She does no maintenance on it, I live about 50 miles away so it's a pain for me to go there and do what little I know. I went there today figuring it was the nozzle, it wasn't. The burner does it's thing for about 15...
  8. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Tom, not sure I understand what you mean when you say "pull the wire that is closest to the valve body of the off zone". Terminal 3 would make sense, is that what you mean. That's the one that is closest to the actual water line. I think I've seen it referred to as the end switch.
  9. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Getting rid of the valves and putting in another circulator would be out of the question for me, I don't have the skills and it would be cost prohibitive to hire someone. So far, with the one zone that I am running, I have had no failures, I wan't to give it a few more days before I switch...
  10. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Honeywell RTH221. The L7248 and the manual says the same, set heat anticipator to .9 amps. From what I read, if that setting was wrong I would be short cycling, but that don't seem to be happening. I also can't find a way to adjust that anyway with the thermostat manual that I have. A...
  11. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Tom, if this turned out to be the case, does the whole valve need to be replaced or just that twist off thing with the wires on it.
  12. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

The readings are exactly as you describe, the only thing is it takes a minute or so to go from open to close and back, but I think I've read where that's normal with these Taco valves, as some wax has to melt or some such. Also, these are Taco 571s and they have a small schematic on them...
  13. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Not sure I have the same type of zone valves, but every schematic I saw looked just like this one, so that's how I wired it after I removed the relay, I put nothing in place of the relay. I'm fairly confident the installer didn't put the relay in for any "electric" reason. At first he wired...
  14. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Mine is wired exactly like this...http://vernonwinnelson.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=55 It's been working like this since October, there are no error codes on the control, I would think if I would have fried something, I would have a code or things wouldn't work...
  15. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Just the heating system, nothing extra. Damn, I've looked at that same document numerous times, I've never seen that. I will try rewiring it, removing the external transformer, and use the TT as the 24v source, man that would be nice. I would have called the contractor who put it in...
  16. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Thanks Jim. Nowhere can I find a schematic of this L7248L Intelligent Oil Boiler Control, only a block diagram. But what I see is if I remove the wires from the TT terminals that go back up to the zone valves and external transformer, then take my voltmeter and go across the terminals, I see...
  17. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

Tom, not sure what you are saying here. There is an external 24v transformer that feeds the thermostats and zone valves that has nothing to do with the boiler, that is, it is mounted on a floor joist above the boiler. My question is, with this external transformer, and with the wires...
  18. Voyager1947

Boiler TT terminals

I have a fairly new Burnham Boiler which recently started having an intermittent problem. What it does when it has the problem is...it has two zones, taco zone valves, and is wired according to the manual, the internet, youtube, etc, and the fact that this problem is intermittent makes me think...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks