Search results

1. polymath

Bathroom and laundry DWV rough in advice

I'm in the planing and demo stages of adding a bathroom to my basement and relocating my laundry. A few extra eyes on my plumbing layout would be great. I'll be tying into the 3" cast iron pipe downstream of where the waste stack (1.5" VTR and kitchen drain) connects. Adding a bathroom...
  2. polymath

Basement bathroom addition & laundry reconfigure layout

Thanks again Terry for your feedback so far, it has been a big help. I think I've finally come up with a solution that solves the floor drain issue and groups the bath group properly. In this layout by rolling that first 3x3x3 wye 45 degrees it elevates the kitchen and laundry branch enough...
  3. polymath

Rough in layout advice

Thanks again cacher_chick for your feedback so far, it has been a big help. I think I've finally come up with a solution that solves the floor drain issue and groups the bath group properly. In this layout by rolling that first 3x3x3 wye 45 degrees it elevates the kitchen and laundry branch...
  4. polymath

Rough in layout advice

Yes, the location of the laundry floor drain is a problem without a great solution. It's further away from the appliances than I would ideally like. This was an issue with the original location of the appliances as well as the new. The floor pitches pretty aggressively towards the drain's...
  5. polymath

Rough in layout advice

While that most recent design works for wet venting the toilet through the lav sink, the floor drain is too far downstream to be wet vented. That's why I thought I needed the 3" pipe between the lav sink & floor drain in the earlier plan where I kept the toilet downstream of the floor drain...
  6. polymath

Rough in layout advice

Thanks for your feedback cacher_chick. Am I correct in thinking your suggestion translates to something like this? I think this plan still has issues because of a lack of a floor drain vent. Am I correct in this assessment? The existing 1.5 inch stack would need to upgraded to at...
  7. polymath

Rough in layout advice

I'm planning a rough in for a bathroom that will include the relocation of the laundry. Any advice on which is the better plan and what may still be incorrect would be greatly appreciated. Plan 1: I think this one is not code because of lack of vent for the floor drain. Am I correct in...
  8. polymath

After a re-read of the Mighigan code book I've made some changes. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  9. polymath

Thanks for your feedback Terry. Is the shower a problem because I am attempting to wet vent it around a wye? I am within an acceptable trap to vent length for 2". As I understand it adding a vent to this would be a pretty easy fix. Install a wye rolled up at 45 degrees in the shower drain and...
  10. polymath

I've been lurking here for some time now and (hopefully) have learned quite a bit. It's time to put it to a test! I'm adding a basement bathroom and reconfiguring my laundry plumbing. I'd like some feedback on my layout plan. Hopefully this picture details my current layout well. This...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks