Search results

1. nc73

DIY well grouting

Is this even doable without expensive grout pumps? I have another old well on the property that is not sealed with bentonite. Possibly use it for my next geothermal project for the upcoming pole barn. It will at least provide part of the load.
  2. nc73

Relocate pressure tank inside home

So the well house is above the old well. The new well is over a hundred feet away and the water lines goes into the old well. and into my home via pitless adapter. There is a slow leak that causes the pump to cycle every 30 mins. It's always been an issue, I just didn't notice it until i paid...
  3. nc73

Undo plugged well?

Can a plugged (abandoned) well be undone? It's 6 inch steel 215ft deep from 18 years ago. Recently plugged with bentonite. I wanted to turn it into a geothermal well, put a U poly 200ft pipe down and grout. I'm think probably cheaper to dig new. If not I will go the horizontal route.
  4. nc73

Does grundfos make 230v thermostats for hot water recirculator pumps?

I have the Grundfos UP15-18B5 230v. Can't seem to find a clip on thermostat for it. The ones I've seen are spec for 115v.
  5. nc73

1/3 hp submersibles exist?

So I was thinking possibility of going open loop in my geothermal and upgrade to closed loop later on. In order to reduce pumping costs I'd like to use a smaller pump. Do they make 1/3 hp submersibles any more? What about just buying the motor and putting it on a goulds pump end? I currently...
  6. nc73

Lowering 3/4 hp submersible pump down 100ft

I have a 371ft deep well. Pump is at 187ft. I'd like to move it down 100ft more to 287ft. I have no idea what the specs is on the pump except that it's 230v and 3/4 hp. I'm getting 6.5 gpm measuring with a garden hose. If I move it down that far would I need to upgrade the pump to a 1hp...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks