Search results

1. Carrud

Uponor PEX with non-ProPEX fittings

For my project I've been using Uponor PEX pipe with ProPEX fittings and the Milwaukee expansion tool. Is it safe/acceptable for me to use non-ProPEX fittings with the Uponor PEX pipe? Many Thanks
  2. Carrud

Move cold water

Well, that's a shame, and I agree with you. Thanks for the nudge back to the proper track. It's not a bad thing. That's why I come here to ask. Back to work.
  3. Carrud

Move cold water

bump. Thanks.
  4. Carrud

Move cold water

Im interested to know how someone more knowledgeable would handle this. My new vanity has a divider inside that will sit very close to my cold water inlet. Things will fit just fine but thinking toward the future there would be no room to work if/when something needs fixing there. If I move...
  5. Carrud

Coupler vs Coupler

Well I got my chance to use these connectors. I just wanted to make a comment here for any other folks passing by that may also be new to using these. In a previous post HJ says, Well I tried this and had a bit of an unsatisfactory result. But I played with it a bit and found you can really...
  6. Carrud

Coupler vs Coupler

Many thanks for the info
  7. Carrud

Coupler vs Coupler

I'm replacing some galvanized 2" drain/vent. Comparing these two types of couplers, is there a time I shouldn't use one over the other? When piecing last bits together it is not possible to use the one with the rib on the inside mid section. Seems like it wouldn't be a problem on the vents. Is...
  8. Carrud

Should I or Shouldn't I ? Washer drain

Thanks for the advice. I chiseled it out and sucked/grabbed as much up as I could. When it got too deep for that I would simply chisel a bit, then flush with the water hose I dragged from outside. Then repeat. Once done I ran my snake for about 20+ feet. Seems good. Back to the clothes washer...
  9. Carrud

I'm replacing this bit of my galvanized. I've got a piece of vertical that drops into the SOG and is a bit dirty. I'd like to clean this. 1) Should I or not? 2) If yes, what is the best way to do this without causing this gunk to clog up down the line? Many Thanks, Clark
  10. Carrud

While remodeling my 1st floor bathroom I've got all walls open and I was wondering if I should replace my clothes washer drain line from 1.5" to 2". I thought I'd get some advice if this was worth the effort. Mind you, though sometimes these jobs may seem simple to some they never are, at...
  11. Carrud

Modify drain line, maybe

Terry, thanks for catching and explaining about the sagging rubber Fernco.
  12. Carrud

Modify drain line, maybe

Interesting option. I don't think taking a couple of inches works well in this room, but I'll give it proper consideration in the morning light. However, to me it seems a better option to be adjusting the drain if it seems reasonable. I'll think about this. Thanks for the response.
  13. Carrud

Modify drain line, maybe

The 3" drain line from the 2nd floor runs down my shower wet wall. This is cramping me with my desire to center my new shower valve which uses a Grohe GrohFlex rough-in. This new one is much bigger than the original valve. Do I have any plausible options to, perhaps, add a couple soft bends...
  14. Carrud

Tub/Shower Drain Guidance

To follow HJ's advice to make the drain line "as direct, and short as possible" I am replacing all the old drain pipe that I reasonably can. And the extra work of cutting the concrete back to the connection to the vertical was well worth it. I get to replace additional old pipe, and I found the...
  15. Carrud

Tub/Shower Drain Guidance

(Referred here from JohnBridge) I removed fiberglass tub/shower and will build tile shower in its place. Drain will be moved to center of the shower. 1) What is best way to tie in from new drain location (which will be the center of the original tub area)? Direct to original location and...
  16. Carrud

Deposit buildup on copper pipe

This is on the hot water line. What is this from? Should I do something to clean it up? Can I/should I do something to stop it from occurring? Many Thanks
  17. Carrud

What is this?

Based on the info provided above I traced these drains. I see the one on the left goes down to the first floor sink and vents to the roof. The one on the right is for this second floor shower connection only and vents to the left side pipe. So it seems this would in it's present form be legit...
  18. Carrud

What is this?

House in So. California, built around 1965. Doing a master bath remodel. Did demo of the stall shower and found this in the plumbing wall. I'm sure this is vent pipes, but I don't know why the cleanout opening (if that's what it is called?) that was in the wall. What is this for? I will be...
  19. Carrud

Clark's Clog

Hj, Gary, Thanks for the input. I readily admit that I'm always reluctant to call a pro. I've had two plumbers out in the last many years to clear drains (not the same drains, btw). Each time they departed without being able to complete the job. So I'm gun shy about this area. One was a local...
  20. Carrud

Clark's Clog

Hello All, I have a clog at the master bath sink. I have tried to snake it but can't get it cleared. Called a pro and he could not get it cleared. The Pro suggested cutting into the pipe near the clog. By snake depth of about 5' I think that probably possibly my very hard clog is in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks