Search results

1. solid

BIGWALL Cast Iron Plumbing?

UPDATE! Ok, I rented the demo hammer and broke up around the damaged backwater valve. The riser just fell off the backwater valve, but you can still see the top of it on the left. This is exactly what I was afraid of finding - there is a tight 45 degree turn immediately after the backwater...
  2. solid

So, I'm sitting here racking my brain, trying to remember what the heck I was doing with that caulking tool! I'm sorry, but I can't for the life of me remember, but whatever it was, it certainly was not the intended use! There is no doubt that this is a backwater valve. When he cut through...
  3. solid

Also, if there is anyone on this forum that could recommend a good plumber in the southern New Hampshire (Manchester) area, that would be great. Just in case I run into some problems with my plan here. Really, I just want to make sure everything is correct before I cover everything up with...
  4. solid

OK.... Is it safe to assume that the back flow preventer is connected to the cast iron plumbing with a bell and spigot connection branching off the main stack? If so, would I be able to disassemble the bell and spigot, and replace with a rubber donut to 2" PVC? That way, I wouldn't have to...
  5. solid

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm very disappointed (to say the least) with the plumber that did this work. I could have done what he did, but wanted to get a professional to tell me what is the right thing to do. Anyway, I'm concerned with the location of this valve, because it is pretty...
  6. solid

UPDATE: Here is what it looks like now: The plumber finally showed up and I explained to him what I was doing, and that I was concerned about this device that is just down stream of the exposed plumbing (there are a few more pictures of this above): As you can see, he decided to cut...
  7. solid

Obviously, but I figured I would ask in advance of the plumber showing up. If everyone says that I need to remove/replace that clean out, I will break up the floor for them, instead of having them do it when they show up.
  8. solid

I would think the band style coupling would be easier to do, so I will just have him do that instead. All of the pvc plumbing you see in these images is going to removed - I just left it there for now. I want the Plumber to replace the cast iron tee with a pvc section that comes up through...
  9. solid

Also, I would really like the plumber to make this sort of attachment instead of cutting the pipe and using the band style coupling. What do I tell him to do, and will he be offended by me telling him how to do his job? I assume this is a better connection?
  10. solid

Hi Everyone, I started a project that consists of: Upgrading a plastic flower pot sump pit to a Jackel unit with a lid. Eliminate a "mysetery pipe" that would send washer suds into above mentioned sump pit. Replace poured concrete laundry sink. Replace all plumbing associated with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks