Search results

1. DVMSteve

Supplying 110 receptacles from 240v breaker?

Finished with the plumbing and framing, I've moved on to wiring for my basement remodel, and I have a question about wiring receptacles. There are already many on the basement walls, about 6' off the floor, some of which feed first floor receptacles. My original plan was to re-wire these, and...
  2. DVMSteve

Basement bath vent check

Greetings again from NC. My project is finally underway. Major delay was saving cash, and then getting the HVAC guys to move units and ducts. Yesterday I broke the concrete and dug the big hole for the sewage ejector pit. Today is (was?) going to be the DWV. I thought I had a good plan...
  3. DVMSteve

How to connect Zoeller poly sewage basin?

Greetings from eastern NC. On the advice gleaned from extensive browsing of previous posts, I recently ordered a Zoeller pump package. This is for my basement remodel project, which will have a typical bathroom only (tub/shower, toilet, sink). From the pit it will pump up about 8' to join my...
  4. DVMSteve

Powder actuated nailer caliber

Hi, folks. On my basement remodel, I'll be using one of these tools to attach pressure treated 2x4's and 2x6's to the poured concrete floor. Does anybody have a feel for .22 -vs- .27 caliber in this application? I read that some feel that .22 isn't enough to consistantly bury the fastener...
  5. DVMSteve

Basement bathroom with ejector pit

Hi, folks. I posted this on the 'remodel forum' by mistake three days ago, and didn't get a reply, so I'm putting it up here. Sorry if that is not OK. I'm looking to finish off some rooms in the basement, including a full bath. I will have to tie in to the 4" PVC building drain, which is...
  6. DVMSteve

Planning a basement bathroom from scratch

Greetings from eastern NC, again; it has been a while! Advance apologies for the verbosity, and thanks for any help. I built my 2 story "log mansion" four years ago. With help from you fine folks, and some also from the John Bridge tile guys and gals, I did all my own plumbing, electrical...
  7. DVMSteve

Did I kill the engine forever?

Hi, folks: I'm sure that I could find a small engine forum somewhere out there, but like Terry says: "All you need is Love"! Other than the possible exception of John Bridge's tile forum (whose members led me to this site way back when, BTW) I've never found a greater group of guys and gals...
  8. DVMSteve

Electric water heater for barn

Greetings, guys and gals; long time no post! After finishing my house late last year, I've had no questions until now. Many of you were very helpful when I did every scrap of plumbing, start to finish, on my little 5400 sq ft "log cabin". It turned out wonderful, by the way, many thanks...
  9. DVMSteve

Toilet waste rough-in pipe too low

Hi, folks; long time no post: I'm at the finished floor stage of my new house under construction. It's been 18 months, but seems like 10 years (dog years, I guess; I'm a vet...). Got power to the house today, and all my electric and plumbing works fine (so far). Thanks go to some of you...
  10. DVMSteve

What did I break?

Hi, folks: I haven't been on since my rough-in; I'm now working on installing fixtures. VERY FIRST job in the plumbing department was the toilet in the guest bathroom. I swear I wasn't putting that much torque on it... well, likely too much anyway. I see that this is a popular screw-up...
  11. DVMSteve

Testing soldered sweat/PEX adaptor joint?

Greetings: I was 'referred' here from reading John Bridge's forum, and I have learned a lot just browsing. I am plumbing my new master bathroom, and have a few questions that have not yet been answered through reading. I have succesfully soldered many copper/copper pipes, fittings etc...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks