Search results

1. topaz75

can i just cap pipes in monoflo system after removing radiator

My house has a monoflo heating setup with an oil fired boiler and mostly cast iron baseboard radiators. House is from 1957. I will be taking out a wall and have to remove the radiator currently attached to it. Can I just cap the supply and return in the monoflo loop leading to that one...
  2. topaz75

Price comparison to upgrade from oil to propane combi boiler

Dana- thanks for your reply. Interestingly, none of the quotes I got even looked into the issue of heat load, despite being from supposedly reputable companies. They all went for units in the 150-180,000 BTU/h output range. Due to the pricing I received, I am now leaning more towards just...
  3. topaz75

Price comparison to upgrade from oil to propane combi boiler

Have a rental apartment over a garage that gets heat and hot water from a 30-yo Burnham RS 109 that is not working properly any more. To avoid the hassle of oil in the future, I was thinking of getting this whole setup replaced with a wall hung, propane combi boiler like the Westinghouse...
  4. topaz75

odd shower/ tub valve

I am remodeling a tub/ shower in a rental apartment. The tile guy just took off the old surround. The shower valve that is installed as a weird two piece trim and looks unfamiliar to me. I am not sure what model this is and if i can find replacment trim kits. Can anybody tell from the...
  5. topaz75

Tankless Coil in oil fired Boiler doesnt produce hot water/ boiler doesn't turn on

I recently bought a house with a somewhat quirky heating/ hot water setup that the last owner put in and configured himself. It's and oil fired slant fin intrepid boiler with a tankless domestic coil. Also connected is a wood fired boiler/ stove that we are not using at the moment, we are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks