Search results

1. S

Ceiling Fan (existing) - adding 4 recessed lights non IC

lol :-) Nothing but good spirits here. Trying not to stray too far from the actual topic, you are correct, but it was the to the second post of mine I was referring to when I replied to you. It was between those 2 posts (1st at work, and the 2nd after I went to Home Depot an hour later)...
  2. S

As previously stated, sorry about the ramble above. Perhaps my rambling was too much text and you didn't see the sentence "This is a different line than the fan so we can turn the fan on with its current dimmer and separately turn on the recessed lights.". I read help forums online and...
  3. S

Good point. I'll add a box to it before moving forward in the attic. Thanks.
  4. S

I do I have related question. I got flat glass covers for the recessed lights. Do I need to get a baffle as well? If yes, what risk do I run by installing it without the baffle for one day tomorrow so my wife will happy when we have people over? :p Thanks!
  5. S

I think I figured it out. Details below. Sorry I ramble. I'm enjoying this project even as cramped and annoying as that particular area in our attic is. No Yes. I installed\replaced the newer fan a couple weeks ago. It was too dim, hence the decision to do the recessed lights now. We...
  6. S

Hi, My kitchen's ceiling fan wiring is as below and I'm adding four 5" recessed lights that are not IC rated. My first question is should I return them and get IC rated lights? I have attic access though it's tight. There's blown insulation and I'm concerned about cold winters. I don't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks