Search results

1. Theory

DWV for new basement bath and laundry

The 3D drawing above is just what the house has currently (minus the existing laundry, as it's wrong): WC, Lav (31" to the right from lav trap to main stack), and Bath (left fixture in the 3D drawing). I'm still trying to draw the new basement setup, just struggling a little with the software as...
  2. Theory

Trying to use some 3D software this is pretty close to what my existing plumbing situation is. I did not included the existing laundry because I already know it's very wrong and it's a little complicated to draw. I'm currently attempting to add the new plumbing setup I've sketched above.
  3. Theory

The right hand drawing is an accurate representation of how the main sewer drain is, 3" horizontal, 90 up through the floor with a cleanout, coninuing up the the main floor bath. I should have fixed the left hand drawing to show this better instead of just pointing the arrow. I was planning...
  4. Theory

Hi Terry, a 2" vent for the toilet is required when the vent is longer than 72" the 3" according to UPC? Just want to clarify! I should search some more and find out about max. vent lengths for my plan...
  5. Theory

So with the distance, I can basically copy the above except adding an additional vent for the sink. (I'll use a 2" drain for washer, a separate 1.5" drain for the lav sink, each with their own vents that tie into each other with the toilet as shown in the drawing) Also, just to confirm, a 2"...
  6. Theory

That's correct. I was hoping if I used the appropriate fittings and vents I could use a 2" standpipe drain tied in with the lav sink. If this is a problem I will plumb a 2" drain all the way to the 3" stack for the washer and a 1.5" drain for the lav sink...
  7. Theory

That's correct. Eliminating the sink with the 1.5" drain, installing a 2" stand pipe for stackable laundry.
  8. Theory

Hi Guys, I just moved into our first house last week and we are re-doing the basement and adding a half bath. I've attached a sketch showing the old and the new. Due to the laundry/bath config there will be a long run around a wall to the main drain,~15'-20'. I was hoping if I used the right...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks