Search results

1. Dave88LX

Replacing kitchen kitchen double-sink and faucet with single. Any special considerations in this scenario?

Looks like I'll be needing a 33" x 22" sink. The current sink depth is 8". The island/cabinets/counters/sink/faucet are all builder-grade garbage. I need to replace the broken faucet, and want to at least upgrade the sink now while I'm doing that into something more useable. I have a garbage...
  2. Dave88LX

Is it feasible to raise this plumbing higher? Or should I bulkhead around it?

I don't think you are supposed to damn near cut the joist in half to do this...but I could be wrong.
  3. Dave88LX

Is it feasible to raise this plumbing higher? Or should I bulkhead around it?

I currently have a drop ceiling in most of my basement that is at 7' height. I want to get rid of that and go with an 8' drywall (or even high suspended) ceiling wherever possible, bulkheading around the HVAC supply/return channels. My question comes in regards to the current plumbing that is...
  4. Dave88LX

Please look at my washing machine/utility sink drain setup...need advice.

Whoa...interesting to see that this thread was still being discussed! Well, the changes didn't achieve what I hoped they would, which was to drain faster. I have a utility sink attached to #7 in the image above, and that backfills while the washer drains. I don't know if that is normal or...
  5. Dave88LX

OK this is probably a goofy question but I will ask...washing machine supply hoses, how far open do you turn the spigot? All the way? I don't know if it's bad to leave it all the way open. Thanks.
  6. Dave88LX

Here is what I ended up with. Go easy on me, first time using PVC for something other than a potato gun. :) Still need to put a couple more hangers on it. Open to any criticism/opinions.
  7. Dave88LX

No, not fun, not fun at all! :-) Just so you guys understand I'm not trying to add anything new or fancy here, just trying to properly 'fix' was was done previously. It's also a very slow drain still. Might have to call out one of you pros to do a real job on cleaning out all my...
  8. Dave88LX

Alright, got it all done last night, minus the vent line coming out from the sink drain. I had a few people tell me it was so close to the vertical stack that it wasn't necessary. But, I screwed up. How badly? I don't know...you can tell me. I THOUGHT when I was checking the pipes to see if...
  9. Dave88LX

Well, that was a hard lesson to find out that vent wasn't entirely 'dry'...up comes 3 rows of flooring + underlayment, and a lot of towels (Translation: Opened up the vent/drain in the basement, used the sink upstairs. Water all over the downstairs.) I tested it a couple days ago, and the drain...
  10. Dave88LX

Wow, thanks for taking the time to type all that out. In the picture above, the sink drain, what is the proper way to come out from the 2" horizontal? A Wye/45 with a cap in the other end? I already purchased a 2" 90 with 1-1/2" adapter for the trap stub-out (I suppose I could have just done...
  11. Dave88LX

OK I don't mean to stir the pot, but just get a better understanding of things. I have had a couple people tell me that since my drains are within 4' of the waste/vent stack, then I do not need additional ventilation? Looking at my diagram with a "WTF are you doing?" face... Also, more for my...
  12. Dave88LX

I would really prefer not to. I know it's just a laundry/utility room, but I'd like it to have its own drain and maybe even keep the sink from filling up with water! Is my best option to just replace the drain/waste stack with all PVC from the top below the 90* down to the rubber gasket in the...
  13. Dave88LX

OK if I have correctly followed your advice, this is what I need? The last question is ABS or PVC...
  14. Dave88LX

Actually, I see you replied as I was creating this post, I wasn't even thinking about that one. Thank you. Here is a closer view of that area. Not a big deal I don't think. For a lack of better term, that rubber ring the vent stack is connected into, is that simply a press/friction fit? So...
  15. Dave88LX

I misunderstood dlarrivee's post about being on it's side, I thought that meant side as in the vertical pipe. I was thinking of the bottom one as more 'on its back', but nevertheless, I would still be in the wrong! Must be a pretty common mistake that people make huh...I'm looking at that...
  16. Dave88LX

Are you using a different horizontal pipe for each drain into the main stack on the right? Problem is, if the horizontal drain pipe is any higher, it will be at or above the level of the sink drain, see here:
  17. Dave88LX

I was going off of the popular diagram that Terry uses on this site. Is it incorrect?
  18. Dave88LX

I'm not entirely sure what you mean...I was going to have the sink and washer on the same drain line. Please forgive me, I don't know all the terminology. :( Also, I did not see black ABS at Home Depot. Should I look elsewhere and use all ABS? Or, should I redo it in PVC, with a Fernco type...
  19. Dave88LX

At HD now, mobile. Nothing above the kitchen. Haven't snaked yet, but am buying one. No ABS here I can see. Think I am going to cut it all off, couple a Fernco to the stub, and redo it in PVC. ...I'll check back in a bit, low batt.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks