Search results

1. smite

Softener Sizing Help

An infant who drinks breast milk, gets a sponge bath every few days, small addition to laundry/dishes - maybe 15gpd average, if that. An older infant who drinks formula and gets a small nightly bath - maybe 20 gpd. A toddler who drinks water, runs around the house randomly flushing toilets and...
  2. smite

Softener Sizing Help

Gary, thanks for the explanation regarding tank size. I didn't realize cu ft flow rate was dependent on tank size. I should probably ask this question of the dealer since I don't know the tank size they use. IMHO, your van analogy is invalid because a family member will always take up the...
  3. smite

Softener Sizing Help

I'm not saying to soften irrigation water, in fact, I am specifically trying to exclude it from my calculations. That said, I'm not sure how my house is plumbed. For all I know, the outside hose bib is within the soft water loop. I don't know of anyway to determine this without installing the...
  4. smite

Softener Sizing Help

Gary, Thanks for the reply. Your math makes sense to me. For 1.5 cu ft, the most efficient setting of 9.9 lbs would give me 33k grains to use, which at 20gpg, is about 1620 gallons. Assuming 7 days, that gives 231 gallons per day. At 3 people (current household) that is 77 g pp pd. At 4...
  5. smite

Softener Sizing Help

One more question about how the Clack valve works... It's on demand generation so it's programmed to regen after, say 1800 gallons pass through the system. Is there a calendar setting as well that forces regen if you don't hit 1800 gallons by a certain number of days?
  6. smite

Softener Sizing Help

Thanks for the response. If I run my numbers through Gary's calculator using 4 people at 66gpd avg, with 20 gpg, I get a min cu ft recommendation of 2.5. Using the higher 25 gpg, the recommendation is 3.0, which is double what the company is recommending. This type of difference is what is...
  7. smite

Softener Sizing Help

Hello, been lurking here and soaking up information on softeners. I've found what appears to be a great local company to install both a softener and an RO. Standardized parts, pricing, warranty, service, longevity, and answers to all my questions match up to what I've read here and elsewhere...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks