Search results

1. BillyJoeJimBob

General PEX Questions

We have a cabin in the mountains in Ruidoso, New Mexico that was homeowner-built (and poorly) in the mid-1070's. Set "pier & beam" style on a mountain, the underside of the cabin is enclosed by uninsulated walls (we call it the "basement"), but it and the plumbing pipes, etc... are exposed and...
  2. BillyJoeJimBob

valveman's profile pics: One tank is wrong and the other is right

I keep noticing the profile pic showing the tank with pipes below as being "wrong", and the one with the pipes above as being "right". I think I have the wrong one at my cabin. Thing is, I'm not sure what these tanks are, or what they are for. The one I have is about 20 gallon, by Sears...
  3. BillyJoeJimBob

Gould J10S w/ Cracked Cast Iron Parts and Other Problems

The motor works just fine. 1) The Casing (1K333) is cracked where the pump was not drained properly and water froze inside, and then some time before I acquired it, the crack was welded badly. I've ground-down the bad weld to fully-expose the crack, in preparation for getting it welded...
  4. BillyJoeJimBob

How to Dig a Sideways Hole?

I'm posting this here because you guys know a lot about just about everything. My situation is that I have power on one side of a concrete driveway, and I want to dig a hole about 12" deep (say 6" below the concrete) with a diameter big enough to run a piece of electrical conduit through it...
  5. BillyJoeJimBob

Need Recommendations of Filtering Water taken from Creek

We have a cabin that pulls water from a shallow well dug about 5 feet from a creek. The "well" is a 4 ft. square6 ft. deep concrete box line with plastic and has a lid. The last time we were there, the bottom looked like it had some dead plant material and a dead earthworm. The water is used...
  6. BillyJoeJimBob

Is my Grundfos Good or Bad?

I dropped my Grundfos MQ3-45 off at the "Authorized Grundfos Service Center" for diagnosis a few weeks back. Long story short, the Service Manager says the reason why I couldn't get it to work was because I was connecting a pump wired for 230V to 115V, and that it tests good at his shop. My...
  7. BillyJoeJimBob

Well Pumps: 120 VAC vs. 240 VAC

We've inherited a property and are in process of getting the shallow well working. It's been vacant/abandoned for about 8 years. I have 3 pumps. The first one is an old, broken Gould we found under the house. The metal of the pump housing is physically cracked; it looks like it might have...
  8. BillyJoeJimBob

Water Heater, Need Recommendation for Lowboy/Low Profile Electric WH

Our cabin currently has an "Ace Hardware Countryman 501 Series" 115 VAC 40 gallon "Lowboy" (32" high) water heater. The tag on it says it was manufactured in 1988, it has rust on the outside and water is leaking down from on top. I can't say for certain that it's bad, but it's getting replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks