Search results

1. rfrrace

Is it necessary to turn on the sprinkler system at least once every season?

I agree with Jimbo, but... I agree, but I have work on systems that have sat for several years due to nobody living at site, etc. and fired up with amazining results for most of it. By most of it, I mean is when systems sit, grass,& weeds will grow to the moisture that is always present...
  2. rfrrace

Sprinkler Winterize, Backflow Preventer dilemma

Don't worry about the PVB, it can take a lot more than you think. If you have an RPZ (not common in MN for residences) I would blow after it. Your inside pipes can take a lot as well. Just regulate your compressor output to blow out the sprinklers with slightly more pressure than normal water...
  3. rfrrace

pressure system switch chatter

The pump is not a high pressure pump, but is a very commonly used sprinkler pump in the area. The reason I use it is because the pumps work harder and cycle less with the hose users. I checked the tank pressure (with no pressure in the system) and not only was it too high, but was almost 10 PSI...
  4. rfrrace

I know that and did not check it at the time, one of the biggest electrical storms in a while moved in while we were trying to finish. What I would like to know is, could that cause my problem (process of elimination).
  5. rfrrace

This is a real basic "Red Lion" 1.5 HP Centrifigal. It will make at best 45 PSI . 42-43 is usual.
  6. rfrrace

I had tried both ways. Right now, the tank and p-switch are at the other end of the main line. This is what I usually do with higher pressure pumps to slow down the speed of the pump catching up. I just did another one yesterday with the same pump and sampling at the pump. This was a repair with...
  7. rfrrace

I have a pressurized lake pump system that I installed and it is kicking my butt! I can't seem to stop the pump chatter. After reading your other post, I might have figured the problem out. But am unsure. I used a PRE-CHARGED bladder tank and the pump makes about 45 pounds. I think the tank is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks