Search results

1. brianj

Fleck 7000SXT - Sizing Confirmation Please

My auto-correct didn't do something right. I didn't know if there were any vendors that supported/participated in this site. I don't care for either of the two local companies offering them here, and I've yet to be called back by any others I've tried. I'm not afraid of the online part, I've...
  2. brianj

Thanks. After doing some more looking into the Vortex it seems like they're a good idea but an expensive repair if something ever breaks. Any other suggestions? Is http://www.ohiopurewater.com a good place to go or are there vendors shooorting this site?
  3. brianj

After doing my load calculations: 300 gal/day 2 full bath, one half bath (no dual head showers, or big tubs) Flow through humidifier Pex Manifold (3/4" main, 1/2" distribution) Separated spigots (not softened) City water: 10 grains hardness SFR ~ 10-12 GPM MAX Gary's calc suggests...
  4. brianj

Adding a standpipe to a utility closet

I have a multi, split-level home. There is a utility closet w/o a floor drain on the basement level which is adjacent to the crawlspace. The utility closet has a GE Geospring water heater, but I want to add a softener. The furnace currently has a condensate pump (pumping outside) for the AC...
  5. brianj

Routing the condensate pump

Hello, Currently I have a condensate pump servicing my furnace (4 ton heat pump, although Oil backup) as well as a GE GeoSpring Heat Pump water heater. I also burn 4-5 cords of wood a year to keep from having to use oil, which had me considering adding a whole house humidifier to the mix...
  6. brianj

Using PEX for radiator lines?

I figured the return lines were easier so I didn't include them. :D It is hot water though and runs around 160*F @ 25 PSI. So, it's within the specs for PEX. I was thinking 3/4" as well. If copper weren't so expensive now, it'd be an easier decision. But I do like that PEX would be...
  7. brianj

Do you guys have any suggestions for sizing the pex or copper lines? The main line from the furnace is 1.5", which is reduced about 1' later to 1.25" (this is the part you can see in the picture). That goes into the 'T' which are then reduced to 1", and then into the large iron pipe. The...
  8. brianj

Pressure relief valve just above main shut-off

Would you guys recommend putting in a check valve and expansion tank? My current setup doesn't have it. I have a pressure relief on the tankless WH though. The water meter is inside the house, so would it act like a check valve? I don't think they'd let them spin backwards :D
  9. brianj

Bathroom Counter Support Frame

check out www.johnbridge.com and post that in their forums... Lots of granite/tile/stone people there and they will know what you need...
  10. brianj

Funny Plumber tales

Sponge? I just use my finger :D
  11. brianj

Kitchen sink/counter top replacement

granite tile :D I haven't milled the edge for the piece or grouted yet, but here it is. The idea came from the John Bridge forums. I used two layers of 3/4" plywood (subfloor grade, not sheeting), and then ditra mat. One of the layers of the plywood can be integrated into the top of the...
  12. brianj

the price of copper

I'm glad I typically overbuy stuff and leave it sitting around until I need it. I have about 200 feet of 3/4" K pipe in my basement. I bought it last year thinking I'd get around to running my air lines for my shop. Didn't happen yet, but I'm glad I got it when it was cheaper. A 250'...
  13. brianj

3" flue for water heater failed inspection

The plumber who installed mine didn't pull a permit. Neither did the guys who did the roof. As bassakward as this City is, I understand why they don't bother though...
  14. brianj

I'm pretty sure it is under 180* - if I remember it is around 160*. As far as pressure, there is a reducing valve on it now and it runs around 10-12 PSI. I may find out this week, it is supposed to be a bit cooler here over the next week. The radiant flooring is what got me thinking about...
  15. brianj

I am tempted to replace the old iron pipe that my house uses for the heating runs. From the furnace it is copper as you can see in the picture, and then goes into the older iron pipe. The main reasons for wanting to replace it are that I want to add zoning. Also, the pipes hang down about...
  16. brianj

Installation of Tankless Water Heater: Candid opinions needed

I would love my Bosch if it was installed in a shop/garage, etc. Anything that didn't have a high demand of hot water, and wasn't used all that often. For the $500 I paid for the unit, I wish I would have bought a standard water heater. I had even contemplated switching it out for one, but...
  17. brianj

82 year old galvanized main into house

Yep! Mine has a remote reader on it that has a sensor outside the house for them to read. Even my gas meter is inside - which I hate since I have to arrange for them to meet me ever 6 months to physically read it. I enter it online each month.
  18. brianj

Changing Careers

I'm only 25 and have been in IT for 7+ years now. So I figured I'm in a decent position to make a change now. I skipped the college scene, and I'm glad I did since I don't have that degree holding me in this place, or the bills that would go with it. I know what you mean about money though...
  19. brianj

Installation of Tankless Water Heater: Candid opinions needed

My comments on tankless water heaters: I have a Bosch 125B It works okay. Yes, my gas bill is cheaper because it's not heating the water constantly. I only have two complaints... 1) Flow Rate is about half in the winter because the water temp is cooler. It takes more time to heat it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks