Search results

1. Mark Lyons

With AC Running, Humid Outside Air Drawn Into Combustion Chamber Is Condensing

Update on the condensation problem! While I view this as a temporary fix, I have since come up with a remedy. On the outside of my house, I capped off the 2" PVC pipes (intake and exhaust) at their terminations. The caps can be easily removed in late fall when I switch to heat. Since...
  2. Mark Lyons

Here's an update on my situation. Last night I removed and left the cover off of the combustion compartment and there has been no further condensation trickling down out of the intake pipe. While this appears to have fixed the problem I realize that come winter when I turn the heat back on I...
  3. Mark Lyons

The two plumbing terminations are at the same elevation where they penetrate the building wall. Then the intake take a turn down 90 degrees and the exhaust takes a 90 degree turn up then another 90 degrees out. The vertical distance between the two openings is about a foot.
  4. Mark Lyons

Both the intake and the exhaust are routed to the same location outside. The pipe terminations outside are as follows: Intake come out horizontal then takes one 90 degree turn down. Exhaust comes out takes a 90 degree turn up then another 90 degree out. The furnace is a York model TM9E I...
  5. Mark Lyons

I have a gas furnace in my house that was installed in December of 2014. Several days ago the circuit breaker for this unit tripped. In resetting the breaker the unit failed to respond. I decided to investigate by removing the combustion chamber panel only to find a puddle of water on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks