Search results

1. BrianZ

Dried thinset on tile surface

Our builder's tile contractor left thinset on the tile surfaces of the shower floor (I thought it was just dirt back before I knew what thinset was...). So its had plenty of time to bond and its on there real good. There's also thinset mixed into the grout lines but I can scrape that out and...
  2. BrianZ

Vinyl Window Question: Ok for corners to buckle?

The attached photo is a Maritech Vinyl window in a new house (10 months since construction). The house is under a 'bonded builder's' warranty and the window is possibly under a manufacturer warranty. Is this buckling of the window at the corners normal or is there a defect in the window or its...
  3. BrianZ

bathtub grouted not caulked

We bought a newly built house. Just looked closer at the acrylic tub (not used yet) and saw that its grouted at the junction with the tile surround. I take it this will crack pretty soon? What next, caulk over the cracked grout?
  4. BrianZ

This old Delta faucet - replacing parts

I am renovating an old Delta 'single lever waterfall faucet' 26964. I wanted to clean the lever part which had corrosion, and replace the sprayer. Now both parts have issues: 1. The base of the faucet lever assembly leaks when the faucet is in the fully open position. If I close it a little...
  5. BrianZ

Discontinued kitchen faucet

Hi All, I need to replace a worn out Delta 'single lever waterfall faucet' 26964 (just the visible parts - spout, lever, sprayer - above the counter). The Delta site says its discontinued. Is there something similar that can be attached to the same fittings?
  6. BrianZ

Common tub spout sealing question

The tub spout on my tub/shower enclosure has migrated about 1/8 inch away from the wall over time. Now water enters the wall by running down from the shower (but not when the spout is running so the spout is sealed well at the nipple). Looking into the gap, I can see that the copper pipe is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks