Search results

1. David_Griffin

Which schematic is optimal for intelligent building?

Hi I am rebuilding my house and I have to decide how to build electrcal installation. I would like to add some kind of intelligence to my house. I would like to turn on/off 2-3-4 way circuits. There are 6 schematics at the beginning of this PDF. Could you guys comment a little...
  2. David_Griffin

wireless control for baseboard heater

... or try this one http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=12603164 You will also make more smart circuits...
  3. David_Griffin

How do you make a none polarized Capacitor from 2 polarized Capacitors

hehe :-) but remember the total capacitance is C/2 if you use the same capacitors :-) Permissible voltage increases twice.
  4. David_Griffin

Internet Home automation PLC controllers etc.

I rebuilt my electric installation. When I finish I will show some images or youtube movie :-) All is DIY job :-)
  5. David_Griffin

DIY and permits

I have never applied for any permit :-) I simply keep it secret. The house is mine, I bought it by cash - not by bank credit so I have no reason to rise the value of the house :-)
  6. David_Griffin

How do you make a none polarized Capacitor from 2 polarized Capacitors

Hi You have to connect negative together + - - +
  7. David_Griffin

Yes I plan to add temperature sensors and some other sensors but we are talking now about E_B_A_Y_ item --> 270698406239 . This is "Programmable Logic Controller" and it does NOT support any measurements. It is the device for turning on and off and testing voltages on its inputs. I focused on...
  8. David_Griffin

It is not overkill in my opinion because one output of this PLC would be used for power door actuator - I mean I would not need to open my doors by keys but by my phone. The other output of this internet controlled PLC could be connected to the garage door. Both require elevated level of...
  9. David_Griffin

Anybody ? I plan to buy a device for controlling circuits, pumps, garden irrigation from any local and remote locations. I plan to buy all in one solution. Anybody had experience with the internet PLC like this one? http://tanieogrzewanie.istore.pl/en/product/view?id=3636995 I have found it...
  10. David_Griffin

Hi Do you use any Home automation systems / PLC controllers? Could you tell me something about prices, functionality, what functions of your house are automated? What do you use them for?
  11. David_Griffin

Oil Funance Chimney issue

When I look at the image I am thinking who was so stupid and installed it in this way and in such country region :-(
  12. David_Griffin

Heat pump compressor not running

I would like to know the answer what caused the malfunction ? It would be interesting.
  13. David_Griffin

It is capacitor for AC circuit. Its role is to shift phase and conduct big current to the second coil. You will not measure it wit small voltage multimeter or by charging it wit DC and then discharging. You need Ampers not miliampers to test it.
  14. David_Griffin

Oil Furnace - intermittent problem

Yes, 80% it is ignition problem. Electrodes, voltage from transformer. Take out this burner and try to observe ignition electrodes without fuel.
  15. David_Griffin

You are not able to test start capacitor without the heavy load. It can look good on the table when you use multimeter but it will not work in the real circuit. Buzzzzzzing means likely a capacitor. If you had shorts then this device would blow fuses.
  16. David_Griffin

Oil Furnace - intermittent problem

Bathroom remodeling may be irrelevant or a coincidence. Some things I would check: 1. electrodes this is the main cause of misfire. Maybe they are too far or too close to the nozzle. 2. You should buy pressure gauge and vacuum gauge and you should measure oil pressure during operation. You...
  17. David_Griffin

Dimmer burned out

Could you please open it and take some pictures what was insidet, haw was it designed?
  18. David_Griffin

Emergency Generator Test with questionable results

This is also my point of view. Surges from generator, even strong, would not kill primary windings of transformers so quickly. It must be hot neutral swap...
  19. David_Griffin

running cat6s inside plastic conduit with 120v

This is always a risky business to put power cables in parallel with almost not insulated cables. I would avoid it.
  20. David_Griffin

Circulating pumps always on

He was not right. Pump must run only over certain temperature because if the water is cooler then this water steals heat. Your pumps not only heating your house but mostly cooling rooms. Pumps should stop if no heat demand from the furnace.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks