Search results

1. rogerd

Is it end of the road for conventional power companies?

Will Distributed Solar Drive Utilities into Bankruptcy? An interesting article on the future of power companies in the face of arrival of more cost-effective renewable power sources like solar.
  2. rogerd

An interesting article on solar

I read this article recently on using roadways to generate power by using strong solar panels for roads. An interesting concept. http://crispgreen.com/2010/10/solar-roads-double-as-power-grid/
  3. rogerd

How to Construct a Solar Water Heater

I understand from this discussion that solar heating is not suited for all locations. In some parts of the world it doesn't pay-off to have solar panels when you hardly get sun light. Investing thousands of dollars of hard earned money to try and save a few dollars isn't worth it. It would be...
  4. rogerd

Leak in solar panel

These leaks keep recurring. Same problem with mine too. I have already tried fixing it twice, but the leak reappeared at another spot in the tubing this time. any one why this happens? My system is quite old - about 15 years old. Do I need to replace it?
  5. rogerd

Solar panel glass removal help

Same problem with solar heater at my dad's home. My father was an early convert to solar heating and had it installed over 15 years ago. There is condensation in the underside of the glass pane and the water isn't really getting hot as it used to. Debating between getting it repaired to getting...
  6. rogerd

Solar & Wind Power Kits

Here's the link about the small wind turbines that you should read if you are planning on installing or buying wind turbines for your home http://www.solacity.com/SmallWindTruth.htm I got this at another forum. Exposes some of many half-truths that wind turbines salesmen spout in order to...
  7. rogerd

Solar & Wind Power Kits

Lot of hoaxes out there. I recently read an article about how small wind turbines were being sold to clueless customers as the most effective way to generate free power. Small wind turbines or any wind turbines are useless unless you live in a very windy place. And according to the expert who...
  8. rogerd

Solar water heating

You don't need hot weather to get hot water. It is the light in the sunlight that is converted to electricity. When the light hits the panels it is converted to tiny amounts of electricity. So, even if you have cold but sunny days you can get really hot water.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks