Search results

1. Mr.T

Residential Gas Line Pressure Hold

Update: After 24 hours, it was showing just a hair under 9 psi this morning, but temperatures went down quite a bit over night too. I left it for an extra couple hours and it had begun to rise to just over 9 psi. So I think I am finally good! Thanks again to everyone. Lastly, RIP Terry. He...
  2. Mr.T

Update: 3 hours and it is holding strong at 10PSI. Actually went up about 0.25 psi likely due to temperature change. Will continue to monitor. If after 24 hours it holds with no bleed down, I will try 20 PSI on my 30 PSI gauge and give it one more 24 hour run. If that holds I'm calling it...
  3. Mr.T

Thank you to everyone for all the fast feedback. Some responses: - I'm using Blue Monster leak check fluid - I only pressurized to 90 psi because I was struggling to find the original leak. Ended up being at a union. (Ultimately I was able to remove the union entirely) - The lines and joints...
  4. Mr.T

General Question I have about 150 total feet of newly installed black iron gas pipe w/ various joints and tee's. Mostly 1" line w/ 1/2" branches. Nothing is attached to any appliances or devices of any kind. In pressure test stage, so is not energized with gas yet. The system is currently...
  5. Mr.T

Gas Dryer Valve Rough-In question

Jeff, thanks for the reply. I actually have a metal DryerBox at the bottom for the exact reason you describe. To have additional room for the vent pipe and the gas flex line to nest a bit and allow the dryer to be pushed back further. Also, I am 100% with you. I did consider serviceability...
  6. Mr.T

Gas Dryer Valve Rough-In question

Typically, any time I've set up a gas dryer the valve is always behind the unit near floor level. Of course access requires pulling the dryer forward. I am roughing in a laundry room and the gas line is actually coming from the ceiling and down inside a framed, outside wall. I was thinking...
  7. Mr.T

Drain Layout Approval - Full Bathroom + Bar Sink

Wayne, Once again (for probably the 15th time over the last year plus), thank you. You are correct in all of your assumptions. Actually, your idea of Alt 1B may be the best bet simply because I have all the fittings necessary to do that vs. having to order the 3x3x3x2 San-Tee with Right Side...
  8. Mr.T

Had to go out of state for a month for some family stuff. Finally back to working on the house. Decided on a possible change to the layout. The following pic has two alternatives and is a plan view of the layouts. I think both would work to wet vent the entire bathroom group. (Note that...
  9. Mr.T

Wayne, As always you are supremely helpful. I don't know what I was thinking about wye for the shower. I was being dumb there. As it turns out, I have a decent amount of flexibility with this layout. This is all coming down from the second story, the stack will be behind a wall and the W/C...
  10. Mr.T

On to the next bathroom that needs to be completed. This should be pretty straightforward. Is this layout acceptable (see attached pic)? A few questions: 1) Is the single 2" vertical stack vent appropriate for the water closet and the shower? 2) Is the best choice a 3" double wye (with...
  11. Mr.T

Acrylic Alcove Tub Install Framing Issues

Hello. I am a WAYS away from actually getting to the tile stage. For now, my plan is to fur out the wall and install some kind of edge profile. I might still consider moving the toilet flange so I can then fur the entire wall out he same distance, but I am not at the point I have to make that...
  12. Mr.T

Rough in shower valve (unique placement issue)

Thanks for the fast response guys. I'll proceed as planned and center the valve.
  13. Mr.T

Rough in shower valve (unique placement issue)

On to the next item of the remodel saga. I'm completing the layout for the master bedroom/closet/bathroom. As you'll see from the rough print I created, If I center the shower valve, it would result in it being at the dead center of the intersecting wall between the bathroom and walk-in...
  14. Mr.T

Water Heater Stagnant / Flush?

Thank you everyone for the continued ideas. One key item that may or may not matter. I roughed in all new water lines and have NOT filled them yet. So Ideally (if possible) I'd like to complete a thorough cleaning/flush of the rank without running water to the new lines yet. So if I can put...
  15. Mr.T

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Quick update. I put some water in the tank for the first time in a long time, and then drained some of it (I did get a small amount of sediment/rust particles). Filled it some more again and drained some more and it was clearer. I have it filled right now...
  16. Mr.T

When it was filled, it was filled with chlorinated city water. I have a nearby sump pit that I can drain to. I think I'll move forward with the plan to fill it up and drain it out and see how that goes. My main concern would be if any bacteria or mold could have started to form inside the...
  17. Mr.T

As I get closer to pressurizing the entire system for the first time, the next item to address is the water heater. Quick story is that it was filled with water that sat for about a year (late 2019 to late 2020). About 16 months ago I emptied the tank fully and while the water that came out...
  18. Mr.T

Expansion Tank Installation Questions / Opnions

- I set the pre-charge exactly as you described. (set to 60 psi which is what my PRV is set to). Glad I did it right. Good idea on the empty tank sound. I'll do that.
  19. Mr.T

Reach4, Just to clarify, this expansion tank is only on my incoming city water line (not my separate well water system). So there is no softener that I need to worry about. The city water is what will be heated. Also, My plan was to put a shut-off in the white pex line after the tee and...
  20. Mr.T

Thank you all. What I started to debate was how important it is to have the tank closer to the "source" in terms of functionality. I guess I'm in one of those situations where I probably chose a location that will work in terms of the rules, but perhaps is not ideal compared to standard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks