Search results

1. croghanite

Deep well seal & conduit identification

The galvanized conduit coming out of the seal is the house supply. What does the pvc conduit go to? Is this for venting? I need to loosen the seal so I can shock the well including the casing. I want to make sure that's not a 5' long vent pipe that's going to drop in the casing when I take...
  2. croghanite

bottom distributor?

http://www.softnerparts.com/product/MD121206/105-Bottom-Distributor-007---010-Fine-Mesh.html which bottom distributor should be used for my application? the .007 - .010 Fine Mesh OR .010" - .013" slots? I have a 2 cubic ft air injected iron filter with terminator blend media with a bottom...
  3. croghanite

rebed media help

how far from the top of a tank do you fill the media up to? I saw a video where a guy said fill the media two inches from the top!!??? Seems way high... Another fella told me to fill the media up to 2/3 of the height of the tank. So what is the consensus?
  4. croghanite

Fleck 5600 help

I have a 5600 (basic) - the one shown on top. http://www.krudico.com/pdfs/5600_Service_Manual_40106.pdf What time of night does the timer regenerate? How can I set it up to regenerate automatically every night? I reckon I need to add tabs... where can I get some? Thanks!
  5. croghanite

Help finding a fleck 5600 Piston

A parts fellar told me my existing piston is "proprietary" and I would have to find the installer to buy a new piston. The trouble is, I have no way of finding the installer The difference is the metal part of the piston at the top. Compare my picture to this Fleck 5600 piston...
  6. croghanite

Servicing a tank - precautions

When rebeding a tank or even replacing pistons in a control head, do y'all sanitize the tank after you are done? What do you use to sanitize the tank? Chlorine? Around here it's mandatory to drop some chlorine in your well when a contractor works on the submersible pump, etc. See the...
  7. croghanite

Rebed- what type of gravel???

Hey folks! I'm rebedding my tank and I was wondering what type of "gravel" to put in the bottom. These fellars told me to buy their "Gravel silica 1/4 x 1/8". I was wondering if the pea gravel that Lowes sells is the same stuff? What gravel do y'all use? Do you think their price is reasonable?
  8. croghanite

water test values - what do you think?

A fellar tested my water at the well (raw), at my kitchen sink, and at a carbon filter i have (berkey filter). He wants to sell me a water softner for 4k. What do you think of his readings? Raw: 5 grain hardness 3ppm Iron 6.9 ph 50 TDS Sink: 5 grain hardness 1.5ppm Iron 7.5 ph 54...
  9. croghanite

Air Injection two tank venturi valve system HELP

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?39623-Help-with-well-system&p=282819 please see the above link to the thread with pictures that explain my system. I have this type of system and I am trying to figure out how to service it. What kind of media to add, etc. I can't find a plumber...
  10. croghanite

cycle stop valves

They seem too good to be true! I read up on them and am thinking of getting one. Please tell me what the negatives are of having one of these for your residential well system. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djYEdL6an5g
  11. croghanite

Help with well system???

What system does this look like? The water comes from the right of the pressure tank. From the tank it goes in and out of some other tank (under the yellow funnel there is what looks to be a pressure valve). There is no bypass on top this tank. From that tank it goes to another tank with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks