Search results

1. Bustergordon

Strange showerhead behavior...

Thanks everyone! My plumber contacted the PP support team, and they are sending out new one piece cartridge/seats (we had genuine PP parts installed, but they were 2 part type cartridges & seats). PP support (and my plumber) suspect that that will solve the problem.
  2. Bustergordon

Thanks everyone. Inspektor, yes, the handheld supply is lower than the main showerhead. The handheld is now leaking all the time, not just after a shower. Sometimes, it really gets going in to a full on stream of water coming out. I can't seem to pin down when or why it happens, but I do...
  3. Bustergordon

I think maybe I'm not being clear - there's no diverter. These are literally two different fixtures. It's like if I used the shower in another bathroom, and suddenly this one starts leaking afterwards...
  4. Bustergordon

Jim, I think what has me puzzled is that water is dribbling out of a showerhead (the handheld) that isn't being used. I'm using the main showerhead, and then a few minutes later, water dribbles out of the handheld, which isn't being used. Is that normal?
  5. Bustergordon

Thanks. There should be no flow changing - these are two separate fixtures on two separate walls of the shower, each with its own on/off single handle.
  6. Bustergordon

Hi everyone! I have a showerhead and a separate handheld (each has its own handle and they can be operated separately or at the same time). About 5 minutes after I use the shower and turn it off, water starts dripping out of the handheld. It continues to drip for about 5-10 minutes. Is...
  7. Bustergordon

Hot water out of cold taps - plumber is stumped

dhla, your man Jerry has a guy at my house right now reinstalling the pump and installing new check valves. He's also doing some other work to fix how these water heaters were installed... Hope this fixes the problem!
  8. Bustergordon

Thanks - will do. He didn't install this...we moved into the house and it was already here. I'm surprised, however, that he doesn't think there's a problem with this system. I was also wondering about the timer, as I've read that that seems to be a good thing to have with this kind of system...
  9. Bustergordon

Sorry for the technical difficulties in my previous post. Here are the photos.
  10. Bustergordon

OK, I just went out and tried to take a picture of the setup. I'm learning a lot about plumbing, but have probably described things wrong, so hopefully this picture helps. Let me know if you need better/different pictures... Thanks again everyone for your help & patience!
  11. Bustergordon

Trust me, no one is tearing the wall out! :) I've looked under every single sink for the manifold and don't see it anywhere. Could it be outside? Attached to a toilet or something else random? If I don't have one, is that the source of my problem perhaps?
  12. Bustergordon

OK, I spoke too soon. Strangely after having 2.5 days of nice cold water, I'm back to scalding hot water coming out of my cold taps. I took a better look at the recirculating pump - it's definitely a Grundfos. It's just plugged in to the wall - can I unplug it without damaging anything and...
  13. Bustergordon

I'm almost afraid to write this and jinx things, but I think he may have fixed the problem without realizing it by changing the check valve. I've had cold water out of the cold taps now yesterday and this morning. I suspect it actually was the check valve, and he didn't fully get all of the...
  14. Bustergordon

Thanks. I'll take a look for a manifold or valve in the house when I get home. I spoke to my plumber this morning (the info I had this morning was from a note he left me) and he is saying that we need to cut into my shower to fix this, which means completely retiling my bathroom. EEK! I'll...
  15. Bustergordon

OK, now I'm going to need an plumbing to English translation. 4 port manifold?? :) I've been under all of the sinks and don't notice anything that is different from a standard sink fitting...
  16. Bustergordon

Thanks. How do I turn off the pump?
  17. Bustergordon

Is your recommendation because you don't think he's right, or because you don't need to cut a hole in the wall to fix this problem? I do feel bad because he's been doing a lot of work trying to figure this out, but am concerned about cutting a hole in my exterior wall for nothing. Thanks.
  18. Bustergordon

Thanks everyone. So the plumber came out again yesterday, and believes that the problem is the mixing valve for our shower in the master bathroom. He said that it feels hotter than the other shower valves in the house. I am wondering if it's possible that the cause of it being hotter is...
  19. Bustergordon

OK, just went and took a look at the water heaters. The pump appears to be installe on the hot water discharge pipe (although to be honest, my knowledge of hot water heater anatomy is shaky at best).
  20. Bustergordon

Thanks again everyone. To answer some questions: The problem is primarily in the master bathroom, although we have gotten hot water from the kitchen tap and from other bathroom taps. If there is a lot of hot water run, we will generally get cold water from the tap. For example, my husband...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks