Search results

1. rayjoe123

loud howling noise coming from pressure regulator

Ok , I am city. but i will take your advice and go ahead and add one. Thanks again for everyones help. have a good holiday to you all.....................
  2. rayjoe123

OK. sounds good. i will check it and maybe try to tackle installing one myself. i hear watts makes a good thermal expansion tank.. thanks again.
  3. rayjoe123

OK. i will check...... should i have a plumber install an expansion tank. or can this be done by myself. now im worried about something explodeing in my house due to what jadnashua stated. i had never had an expansion tank on any of the homes i lived in, In my area. this house has been tested...
  4. rayjoe123

no discharges from t&p valve, i have lived here for almost 15 years and never had an expansion tank. this problem just started a few months ago. i have an electric 40 gal water heater. the incoming pressure was almost 100 psi before the PRV. I already had the PRV replaced three times because the...
  5. rayjoe123

i called in a different plumber today. and all he did was he adjusted the PRV. the PRV was factory set at 50 psi, he turned on the shower upstairs and then went downstairs to basement and the noise was really loud he adjusted the nut/screw ontop of the PRV to apply more psi until the noist...
  6. rayjoe123

what if i eliminate the pressure reducer and have a plumber solder in straight copper pipe and then see if i still hear the noise. this way i will be able to tell if it was the prv or something else. if the noise stops after i take the prv off line then i would say that maybe i have the worst...
  7. rayjoe123

well guess what the noise is back. it doesnt matter what valve i turn on, shower, faucet i can hear that howling noise at the prv. i called out another plumber and he checked the water pressure after the prv and it read 50psi he said the prv is good in his opinion, but he does not know where or...
  8. rayjoe123

i might have to call in a plumber again. to find out why it was whistling. i have no water softners in the house. the first prv that i replaced was about 11 years old . and when we heard the whisling we just thought the valve was bad so we called in a plumber and he checked the water after the...
  9. rayjoe123

thanks redwood....................... i put a hanger on each side and the noise is gone......... i am so glad , because my wife was driving me crazy.. Thanks for the help. this site really helped out thanks to all the pros........ THANKS AGAIN.....................
  10. rayjoe123

I can try and record the sound. The sound is like a loud whistle noise. if there is no faucets on , there is no sound. but when a faucet is turned on it sounds like a whisling noise at prv and if i put my hand on the prv the sound is gone...........
  11. rayjoe123

Should i go and buy another pressure regulator and install it....... the regulator the plumber put on says watts on it..... and its all brass.. one side has a soldered male threaded adapter and the other side has a soldered union. but i guess i could have gotten two bad regulators beings i have...
  12. rayjoe123

hello hj, i turned off the 3/4" shut off ball valve in my house and then i took channel locks and un-screwed the union side of the pressure regulator and then i turned the 3/4" shut off valve back on a little bit and water came flying out of the un-screwed side of the regulator there is an arrow...
  13. rayjoe123

Hello thatguy . i will try what you said to do. but what would you think the root cause is.. i have 96 psi water pressure coming in from city. i have 3/4" copper pipe throughout my entire house. the pressure regulator is brand new the water pressure after the regulator is 50 psi, my water heater...
  14. rayjoe123

So i should install the expansion tank anyways for safety. Thanks.
  15. rayjoe123

hello hj. this is the second pressure regulator i had installed because i thought the last one was bad because of the loud noise, would two different plumbers have installed the regulator backwards twice.........
  16. rayjoe123

hello redwood. i had water company out and they said the incoming water pressure to my house from outside meter into my house is 96 psi.
  17. rayjoe123

hello jadnashua thanks for the reply. i do not have an expansion tank on my water heater. the incoming water pressure after the regulator is 50 psi. i have a full port 3/4" shut off valve for my main water supply it is fully opened. i have never had an expansion tank on any of the water heaters...
  18. rayjoe123

Hello i have a question. i had a very loud noise in my basement at my pressure regulator, i can hear the noise when the shower is on or when the washing machine is on or any faucet. so I had a plumber come out and replace the pressure regulator , he then hooked up a gauge and the gauge read 50...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks