Search results

1. rogerlarry

Strange stopper in bathtub drain

I have a small chrome rod sticking out of my bathtub drain. I'm trying to put a strainer into the tub but this rod sticks out. Does anyone know what it is? How to remove it or better yet is there some kind of strainer to put on it? It seems to have a small nipple but no threads. Any ideas...
  2. rogerlarry

toilet and pipe knocks?

Everytime I flush my upstairs toilet and it starts to refill, I get a double knocking sound. I replaced the ball/fill valve and added an arrester, but I still have the noise. I bleeded the pipes several times using different methods; shut-off main and open lines starting with closest the main...
  3. rogerlarry

Treated lumber used for framing and framing nails, dry wall screwsl and cement board?

I thought I was being smart and decided to use ACQ (treated) lumber for the new bathroom I built in my basement, which includes a steam shower. My thoughts were that I wanted to have as much mold and moisture resistance as possible. I framed the entire bathroom and shower stall using treated...
  4. rogerlarry

How to abandon toilet drain in basement?

I'm in the process of renovating my basement bathroom and I've moved my toilet to where the shower was and I'm wondering what I should do with the old toilet hole? I plan on converting the space to a shower. Any ideas? I plan on building a shower pan over the hole.
  5. rogerlarry

Can I connect a toilet to a cast iron p trap?

I'm renovating my basement bathroom and I'm putting the toilet where the shower used to be and moving the shower to a floor drain. I busted up the concrete in both locations and both locations have 4 inch cast iron. Here is my question: 1. Can I hook my toilet up to a cast iron p trap? I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks