Search results

1. Rat

Sizing a wall air conditioner for a split-level house

Was the old unit keeping the home comfortable when it was operating; If so it is probably sized right. Go back with the same size unit and all will be well. If it did not keep the space comfortable you will need to perform a load calc like the others have stated and maybe consider other, more...
  2. Rat

Replace White-Rodgers IF92 Tstat with new Honeywell VisionPro

Actually, Trane/American Standard changed the labels; the stat is built by Honeywell. your wiring looks more normal now as well, thanks for clearing that up. On the new stat there will be NO jumper between Y1 and W1, that is how the old WR was configured in heat pump mode. The new XL802 uses...
  3. Rat

smell coming from central air system

Under the house. You can try to clean the coil in place with a good cleaner or just water; but to get it really clean it needs to be pulled most likely. There are two products that will help once it is clean: BioGuard and BioFresh. Both will help keep the coil clean longer and if used a fog...
  4. Rat

Ductless AC help

How do you know it needs 5000 BTU? Did you have a heat load performed? If it does need 5000 BTU and you are looking for a ductless solution then a 9000 BTU would do nicely. The Mitsubishi M series uses VRF technology to modulate output capacity. IOW it modulates the speed of the compressor...
  5. Rat

Replace White-Rodgers IF92 Tstat with new Honeywell VisionPro

You have a heat pump with two stages of Auxiliary heat (heat strips). So really you have three stages of heat: Heat pump, Aux 1, and Aux 2. So: O = Orange wire (from reversing valve) W1 = first stage of electric heat X2 = second stage of electric heat B = on this thermostat is 24vac...
  6. Rat

GE 5KC39BG condenser motor replacement?

The FE1016 AO Smith motor will work fine for your application. Don't worry about the 3-4 tenths of an Amp higher draw, it will not cause you any problems. The Amp rating is full load not locked rotor, IOW it will draw that amperage under normal working, full load conditions. Ball bearing Vs...
  7. Rat

GE 5KC39BG condenser motor replacement?

That GE number, 5KCP39, crosses to a: Fasco D917 you will also need a 5x370 or 5x440 capacitor for it. Forget trying to find a new sleeve bearing, just get a new motor and install it. This is a reversible motor so verify direction and, depending on application, you may need to cut the shaft...
  8. Rat

Need help sizing pump, CSV etc...

Thanks Valveman, just what I was looking for. Can I buy the CSV1Z at a plumbing supply house in Austin, Texas? We have Essco, Furguson and an All Tex Supply; are any of these dealers? 7hanks for the help again, this is just what we need.
  9. Rat

Bryant Evolution Question

The problem is the #M filter, they are very restrictive to begin with. What the Evol sees is, even with a new #M filter, a high ESP; then the filter loads just a small amount, and it sends the filter dirty signal. Get rid of the 3M filter and get a good MERV 11-13 Camfil or equivalent and you...
  10. Rat

Contactor replacement

I see the problem.In this image you have the brown and yellow wire on the contactor hooked to the same side of the coil. These are low voltage wires (24 VAC) and one needs to be on one side of the coil and the other on the other side of the coil. The way you have them here is a direct short...
  11. Rat

Advanced thermostat - is this feature available?

Why don't you want to run the fan in continuous mode? It is much better for your home overall to do this. Filters are more effective, hot and cold spots are less likely and fresh air (if equipped) is constantly being cycled. For the times of the year when neither the A/C or heat is needed, but...
  12. Rat

Need help sizing pump, CSV etc...

We just had our well pump replaced. Seems to be a 5-6 year cycle. We have four houses, regular size nothing huge or crazy, on this well. The water pressure has never been very good, and since we just had the pump replaced I am looking to upgrade some components. I have added a pump saver to our...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks