Search results

1. tomtbone

Fleck 5810 SXT Settings Confirmation

Hi everyone, long term lurker here. I just purchased a Fleck 5810 SXT with a 9x48, 32000 grain Tank. I think I have this down, but I'm a water softener newby! I have big blue sediment filters and an acid neutrailizer already, jus installed the water softener. Can I get a confirmation on my...
  2. tomtbone

Parallel wiring for dehumidistat in bathroom

Just want to make sure this is the correct schematic for what I am doing. I am installing a dehumidistat in the bathroom for the exhaust fan along with a switch. I want either/or to be able to turn it on. i.e. Turn on the fan with the switch when you first get into the bathroom before...
  3. tomtbone

Which Cast Iron Flange Replacement is best

Today I successfully removed the old cast iron toilet flange and am left with a 4" cast iron pipe. The top of the pipe will be about 1.25" below the level of the finished floor. I am looking at a couple of PVC/ABS replacement flange from Oatey and Sioux Chief. Which one would you guys...
  4. tomtbone

Pex with thermostatic valve/volume valves

I have heard that I should not use pex between a shower valve and tub spout because of resistance. I will be using a 3/4" thermostatic valve with separate volume controls for the tub and multiple shower heads; all 3/4". Having volume controls for everything including the tub, anyone see a...
  5. tomtbone

Pex SSC fittings for Hydropex tubing

I have run 3/4" Hydropex tubing that I got from pexsupply.com from my basement to the 2nd story bathroom sucessfully in one run. Now is the time to install fittings and my question is to what are the best fittings to use. I have been using the SS clamps and Vanguard fittings that Lowe's just...
  6. tomtbone

Unique Tub drainage configuration

We are remodeling our bath and putting in a new tub while moving it 6" or so. The issue I am running across is that directly below the overflow is the large horizontal cast iron pipe and directly below the drain is a joist. Can someone tell me if this type of configuration would work to attach...
  7. tomtbone

Broan DH100W Dehumidistat contol

I have a quick question about this control for a bathroom exahust fan. Am I able to simply use this as both an on/off switch and a dehumidistat controller or do I need to have a separate on/off switch as well? I want this to be the only switch instead of having multiples. Dehumidistat Switch
  8. tomtbone

Gas Water heater for bathroom renovation

I am planning a bath renovation a few months down the road and I am pretty sure our 30 gallon water heater aint gonna cut it. Its the shower that has me concernced and I'd like some advice as to the size/recovery rates I should be looking at. The shower will have 3 shower heads with one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks