Search results

1. lennym

Toto Soiree Lazy Flush

Yes, after all it was the flapper. So I had to buy a new one, and this will be my 3rd in about 3 years. IIRC Toto sent a new one for the first replacement, but not for this one. Following up on the suggestion in another thread, since putting in the second flapper I'm using two rubber washers...
  2. lennym

Toto Soiree Lazy Flush

Thanks for the suggestion. I've had a look at the chain. While there's some slack, there's no question but the lever lifts the flapper to the max. It does not seem like there's water in the float. I have now changed the hole into which the chain attaches on the brass lever rod to the last...
  3. lennym

Toto Soiree Lazy Flush

I'm also having a lazy flush on a three year old Soiree. Problem appeared about three months ago and is sporadic. After reading this thread I dumped 3.5 gallons of water in VERY quickly and it went down just as quickly as I could dump it in (and so quickly that it left the water level low in...
  4. lennym

Toto Toilet Flapper Issue

Lets call it what it is. There's a design defect in some of Toto's toilets and they should do something about it. I've had a Carrollton for 8 years with no change in the flapper. So it's not a water problem and it's not a flapper problem. I have had a Soiree for about a year and a half...
  5. lennym

Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

Well, what do you know. They have actually changed the design of the flapper. Toto sent me a replacement. It now has three little ridges on the top at the far end, evidently to stiffen that part of the flapper that was dragged into the valve seat. Hope to get more than a year out of this...
  6. lennym

Thanks for the response. We have NYC water which is really very good, good enough to filter and sell as bottled water which is actually done. I use no cleaner of any sort. The toilet doesn't need any. I have had a Toto Carrollton upstairs for about 7 years without a problem. Perhaps just a...
  7. lennym

I've had the Soiree for about 14 months, having read the reviews on this site, and it is an amazingly good performer. Recently, though, we've had a problem with the flapper. After being away from the house for a month the flapper didn't make a seal. The end furthest from its connection to the...
  8. lennym

We bought the Soiree about 6 weeks ago partly because I read in this thread that it could be modified to flush with 1.6 gallons if the 1.28 didn't work out. We've had a G-Max Toto Carrollton for 5 years and it's been very effective. The Soiree at 1.28 gallons has also been absolutely fine so...
  9. lennym

Terry, How do you account for the thread in the other forum? You posted to it. Could it be venting? In any event, if someone has that problem can the Guinevere or Soiree be "tricked" into using 1.6 gallons with an ordinary flick of the lever? A part replacement perhaps? My toilet is going...
  10. lennym

We're trying to choose a toilet for a new bathroom. There are reports on another forum of problems with the washdown of the Guinevere. Could there be a significant performance difference between the original and the "eco" versions? If so can the new ones be retrofitted or tweaked to use 1.6...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks