Search results

1. Ichabod

HWH Drain Pan

Water heater pan I just bought some water alarms for about $10 each. Mine are made by First Alert. Do your pan drain with the copper wool stuff and put the alarm in the pan and you should be good to go.
  2. Ichabod

Bleach in Electrical outlets

Bleach is made from sodium chloride and water. When it breaks down the chlorine goes into a gas and the remainder is water and salt. The salt will form crystals. Diluted bleach is an electrically conductive liquid and it is corrosive. If this were my house I would be concerned the recently...
  3. Ichabod

Rheem Fury Electric Installation - Heat trap?

I just replaced my 24 year old 66 gallon Sears WH with an 80 gallon Sears. It came with heat trap nipples. I used two 24 inch flexible connectors to make a heat trap loop that extends up about 10 inches or so. You can feel a BIG difference in temperature on the "downhill" side of the loop...
  4. Ichabod

Air in water sometimes

My water looks milky if I draw it about the time the pump starts up. I'm quite sure mine is jillions of tiny air bubbles because of air being blown into the tank and not some other kind of gas. My father's water about 20 miles away does the same thing. After a few seconds all the bubbles are...
  5. Ichabod

Air in water sometimes

Go to: http://www.pumpsonline.com/AirChargePic.htm and go to the bottom of the page. Sounds like you started with the "air charging system" and tried to change it to a "pre charged system". I think there are some descriptions of how they work, but briefly, when the "air charging system"...
  6. Ichabod

Dirty well water

I live in SE Georgia, above the Floridan aquifer. We have deep wells into that for our water. I have watched them drill and service pumps here and what they do before installing the pump is run a pipe to the bottom of the well, we're talking about 300 feet or so, and connect a big air...
  7. Ichabod

My PVC is going to explode

How are you electrically feeding your pumps? Sounds like you might have some long runs of wire. I can't quite figure out where the pump and pressure switch are in relation to each other but sounds like you have some significant voltage drops on motor startup. That is the cause of the "surge"...
  8. Ichabod

Continious waterflow in sump pit

Do your neighbors have similar problems?
  9. Ichabod

Franklin 3 HP Deluxe Control Box parts

When I went shopping for parts versus new box, local or online purchase, I found that a new box purchased locally was less expensive. Ichabod
  10. Ichabod

Waterlogged tank

Go to the link below for a really good diagram of how the pump system works. Scroll down to "Piping Configuration" at the bottom of the page. Sounds like you have an "air charging system" with a bad schrader valve. This schrader valve is not like the one in your inner tube, it has a vacuum...
  11. Ichabod

Sewer odor

Sewer smell We had a sewer smell in our master bedroom that I could not pinpoint. While doing a bathroom do over I had to pull the toilet. Lo and behold the part of the toilet that goes into the wax ring had a casting defect that left a hole that did not get sealed by the wax ring. When I...
  12. Ichabod

Replacement of old control box

I swapped the box on my deep well pump with a different manufacturer's box, matching horsepower and it works fine. Even with a bad capacitor you should hear something and see some current surge. That's not a good sign. With a bad cap I would expect to hear some hum and then the overload...
  13. Ichabod

Deep Well submersible Pumps runs continuously.

If your pump is at 30 feet, is it deep enough? I live about 100 miles from you and I, like you, I(I think) get my water from the floridan aquifer. My pump is about 130 feet down and I think the well is about 3 or 4 hundred feet deep total. I know the aquifer depth varies a lot, but 30 feet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks