Search results

1. zientm

Vortech Distributor

I just wanted to thank everyone for the information they provided. It was a very enlightening exchange.
  2. zientm

Vortech Distributor

As far as I know, the BBB does not require membership to log and publish complaints against the company. All include the same size tank, top dome hole, and bypass valve. None of them state that they include drain line, and I would probably plumb it in PVC anyway so I can control the slope of...
  3. zientm

Outside Backwash Drain

Thank you all for your replies. I will plan on just sloping the line down and we will see how it goes. Does anyone feel there is a need for a check valve to prevent any possible contamination, or is the backwash valve good enough? Any idea on what would be required by code?
  4. zientm

Vortech Distributor

Filox is actually a bit denser at 114 lbs/cu ft versus 90 lbs/cu ft for Calcite.
  5. zientm

Vortech Distributor

I understand. What is the resolution of the spaces? Is each space worth a couple minutes? The prices I have found so far (with a Clack valve) are $649 with Vortech distributor, $670 without. So I would have to pay $21 more to get the standard gravel bed.
  6. zientm

Vortech Distributor

The info I have seen for the Clack says that it there are two options for Backwash/Rinse times: 14 and 8 minutes or 16 and 10 minutes. Not a whole lot of flexibility. I have been unable to find info on the Fleck - how adjustable is it? And my point on the Vortech is that it appears I would...
  7. zientm

Vortech Distributor

I have to consider the total cost that someone will sell the system to me, though. I have looked around the internet for what seemed to be reputable dealers (including checking them out with the Better Business Bureau) and have come up with the following options for a 1.5 cu. ft. neutralizer...
  8. zientm

Vortech Distributor

So the main cons seem to relate to the fact that it is not removable - a problem if it breaks or you need to change the media. Being new to this I have to ask - how often do either of these happen?
  9. zientm

Outside Backwash Drain

Yes, I agree, as long as the pipe diameter is large enough it should. I am probably just being too paranoid....
  10. zientm

Outside Backwash Drain

Just to clarify - I am concerned about the backwash drain line freezing, not the stormwater drain. I was planning on a 3/4" line for it, I could go up to 1". It will end with an elbow pointed into the 4" stormwater drain.
  11. zientm

Outside Backwash Drain

I am planning on installing a backwash filter (neutralizer) and am looking for some advice on plumbing the drain. The unit will be installed in the basement and I would like to discharge the backwash into a storm water drain I have outside (maybe 4 feet above the filter and 10 feet away). My...
  12. zientm

Vortech Distributor

I am in the market for a Neutralizing filter and came across the Watts Vortech distributor (see http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/whatsnew_vortech.asp) It seems like their claim of better backwashing of the media would be the biggest benefit. I was wondering if anyone has used this, any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks