Search results

1. TamP

Diverter valve (3-valve system) not turning as many revolutions as it used to.

Just to clarify, aside from the stem washer, there is the cup-shaped washer that the end of the stem backs into when you open the valve all the way. And the other is the bonnet washer which is on the outside of the stem, and seals the entire stem when screwing it into the shower body. Are...
  2. TamP

I just replaced the original Gerber seat with a Danco replacement seat. No real change. I'm honestly at a loss as to what caused this. But as long as I've got full flow, I guess it's not a big deal. I'm having another problem as a result of trying to fix this, though. After I pulled out...
  3. TamP

Okay, a further update. I was able to use a regular 5/16" hex wrench to fit the seat. Obviously, I didn't have much leverage, but I used a crescent wrench to help me out. Unless it's normally extremely difficult to turn, I'd say the seat's in all the way. I really had my hopes pinned on...
  4. TamP

Now, *that* sounds like a likely possibility. I tried to see if it had slipped, but I realized that they opted for a difficult design. Instead of the gripping faces being part of the opening, they inset it - so my tapered seat wrench can't reach it. Ai! I'm not even sure that a stepped...
  5. TamP

Well, I doubt it's the parts, since the original diverter stem is now doing it. The only thing I added to that was the washer. Any difference in thickness isn't likely to translate to the amount of difference in the number of turns I'm seeing. As for your guess that it's the seat - I didn't...
  6. TamP

I have a bit of an odd situation. I have a Gerber 3-valve shower body. I needed to replace the diverter stem valve, so I picked up a Danco replacement. I pulled out the original, put in the Danco, and discovered that the valve would not turn all the way. Normally, the valve makes several...
  7. TamP

Need help - lying plumber left me with a severely crippled system

There's nothing illegal about older plumbing. There was nothing legally compelling me to change it. I was not looking to remodel - the plumber wanted to do it, and the only reason I let him was because he assured me there would be no difference. I don't think there's anything wrong, under...
  8. TamP

We're talking about basic valves, which are sold all over the place as replacement pieces for older plumbing. There shouldn't be an issue for parts, I wouldn't think.
  9. TamP

It's not trash or clogged lines. And that's just it, I can't just replace it with another single valve system (made and sold in the US). To my knowledge, they all regulate the flow. So, if it's not one from another country, or one that can be modified, it has to be an old fashioned three...
  10. TamP

It is absolutely not debris in the lines - it's the new valve. And what's legal to buy versus what's legal to own isn't the same. All I want is the same setup I had before - left faucet controls the flow of hot water, right controls the flow of cold, and the middle controls the flow going to...
  11. TamP

I don't know what the numbers were on what I had before. I can tell you that if you ran the tub spout on max output, it would hurt your hand to put it under the flow.
  12. TamP

No, the shower head remained the same. That's how I know it's being restricted at the valve.
  13. TamP

Everything has been finished, including the tile. But I refuse to accept what the system is now, so as far as I'm concerned, it can all be torn out again. But I didn't know if moving from a single to a triple faucet system was significantly more difficult then doing the reverse. Important...
  14. TamP

I need help! I had an old fashioned three faucet system for my shower/bath. This gave me full access to 100% of the available water pressure and full control over that pressure as well as the temperature. A plumber just replaced all that with a single valve system (Gerber single control...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks